will short pipes make it run lean without tune?

blackbusa29

Registered
Hey guys, first post here. I stumbled on this site and looked like some good info on here. I have a 2005 that came with the short chrome pipes that look like a tip on a car or truck but they do have baffles in them.. I put the stockers back on when I first got it because I worried about it runing lean but now I am really missing the sound and I hate the look of the stock pipes. I have planes on getting a power commander in the near future but I dont think I can take another ride on the stock pips. I was also wondering if I do put them back on would unpluging the battery for a couple minutes do anything to help.

I`d recommend recording some motoGP noise and use your MP3 player.... Jeez... Another victim of Pepboys chrome tips.
cool.gif

BTW unplugging the battery will NOT reset anything.

Running with Pepboys tips will not be too lean, you can do it without PC. Those baffles more restrictive then stock cans.
You bike makes 10-15% less power.... but who cares... it sounds bad azz . right?
cool.gif

No, honestly I dont think it sounds "bad azz". I think it has to much rasp and I never would have spent my own money on them, but like I said they came with the bike. I just like to have a little sound comeing from the exhaust and I do not like the look of the stock cans.. Thanks for your help.

Back