New here...my bike seems lowered?

poorboy6977

Registered
Hi, im new here. love the forum so far. i recently became a hayabusa owner and noticed my bike is quite low. but there are no adjustable links in the rear, just single hole links. and the front seems low as well.....but nothing noticeable there either. can anybody help? thanks.

01_busa.jpg

welcome.gif
Bike is definately lowered.  Rear looks like a 1" drop.  How many holes are there in the dog bones in the rear?  Also, look at your top clamp.  Is it the stock clamp?

Good looking scoot, btw

welcome.gif
aboard!
hello.gif

They make lowering links for the rear that just have a single hole; lower the rear 1", for example. As for the front, you could have handlebar risers and then the forks are raised. It's also possible to cut the forks down...

well the upper clamp is stock chromed. all that sticks through is the adjustment screws on top of the forks. and there arent any risers. the back seems lowered quite a bit to me as the tire has burnt through the tray. and no the suspension doesnt seem soft to me. im 225lb and it bounces me around pretty good. maybe im just missing something.

0701080816c.jpg

Measure the bolts center to center in the rear dog links. Stock is 4.7" 1" lower is 4.9"

cant you lower the front by cutting the fork tubes? would be able to see that

Welcome aboard. Take a pic of the tree and measure the links to be sure.

front looks like all the pre load is adj soft in the front, and if the tire has rubbed through the tail, it probably has been lower than what it is now at some point, cause it don,t look like it could rub now.

thanks for the help guys. i still dont know how the front was done...but upon measuring the dog bones....6 in. center to center. so theres the back.

0713081200.jpg

and heres the tree. and thanks for the compliments guys. i think i stole the bike. $5500 with 12000 miles on it and a brocks gen3 exhaust, K&N, and airbox mod is all thats been done to it. i just ordered a PCIII and a wet shot. im not going to get into it too heavy until this winter.

0713081159.jpg

Okay, see the gold bracket just behind the fender at the caliper on the front? you have a strap in the front.

post-11-18134-0701080816b.jpg

Its looped from the brake caliper brackets on both sides of the front wheel and loop just in front of the tank behind the yolk.

Take the strap off and the front will rise.
easybutton.png

On the rear see how many threads you have at the top of the coil over, they may have bottomed that out since the front was short cutted.

DSC07493Large.jpg

Also being strapped isn't the safest for street riding. The constant wear of normal street riding can cause it to snap. Which can turn out real bad for you and the bike. bike parts can be replaced,but body parts can't. Consider taking strap off if you plan on riding much on street.

Good catch on the strap guys, and +1 you want to get rid of it. If you want the front end lowered get something like the Genwar bar riser and lower the forks, much safer and you don't really lose suspension performance. As far as the rear I still have my stock dog bones if you want them just shoot me a PM.

yes, there is a strap on the front. it was tight when it was purchased but loosened up in the picture and sits loose when i ride. it has no effect in the picture. is there somewhere i can look to see if the forks are cut? Thanks.

You can leave the strap on the bike just have it released when riding.... I would be careful not have to it to loose so it does not slap around up in there. Nice looking bike I like the paint.

Back