a bit off,but need the answers

g-pack

Registered
hi guys,tis sound weird in our forum but i need some answers frm any of u guys out there,..here we go,a frend of mine is riding the superblackbird CBRXXX with Combine Braking System(C.B.S)he was wondering if his rear brake line which hav (2 initially) to remove 1 line so as to deactive his C.B.S...C.B.S according to him,when he applied juz front brakes,his rear wheel would slow down too w/o puttin any pressure on the rear lever.so by removing 1 line frm the rear,he could do better U turns,corners n burn outs...he,he,he.....izzit possible to do tis mod guys?

The mod is possible if the line (the one that operates the front brake) you disconnect from the rear master cylinder is somehow reconnected to operate with the front brake master cylinder. This might require a new master cylinder for the front (and possibly) rear brakes to achieve the proper compression for the brakes to operate as they should. Do any such tinkering at your own risk....

Blackbird is a nice bike. I say leave the brakes alone, but with the reasons given, he likely will not take that advice.

There are ways to fix it, but it is not that easy because of the design.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?act=home Will have some great info on the Blackbirds and details of the brakes.

soeey 4 the late reply......thanx guys,i will let my frend knw abt it...thanx
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back