Gear Indicator?

GiPro is the heat. you can turn the tre function off and keep the digital gear indication.
thumb_up.gif

I think the GiPro display is to BIG.. I am currently using the Acumen.. If your not in a hurry, Greg with Boost By Smith has one in the development stages that I'm sure will be better than than both of the above when released..

Hey Greg we are waiting patiently..
whistling.gif

Better question to ask would be which gear indicator is best functionally. Answer will still vary, but popularity doesn't always mean its the best. Sorry, just my $.02.

Hey doyle doesn't the acumen take a while to indicate? I've read a few complaints with it not reading fast enough or giving false indications.

I love my GIpro. Wish I could have had one sooner than I did. No more shifting to 7th gear! Oh, and the GIpro is plug and play.

Hey doyle doesn't the acumen take a while to indicate?  I've read a few complaints with it not reading fast enough or giving false indications.
Yes, you are correct Rock it does read SLLOOOOW false not so much but slow YES it is.. Ken is also correct to the question being, what needs do you want in a gear indicator.. I should have said the ONLY reason I like the Acumen is because its smaller readout.. I don't need the tree option as I ride the fastest year, unrestricted baby..
laugh.gif
and those that know me also know my bike is geared more for sport touring and not 1/4 mile.. so the fastest thing was a joke..
ThumbsUp.gif

I will more than likely update to one from Greg when he releases them.. His customer service is aces..
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

LOL thanks guys, circuit boards being ordered up this week, still have to come up with the billet enclosure to hold the 7 segment display, next week sometime i could build them with my 6 LED's but that doens't seem to go over with everyone.

It will do the 1n23455 de-restriction mod or the TRE whatever you want.

Also will give gear based outputs for boost or nos control etc.

LOL thanks guys, circuit boards being ordered up this week, still have to come up with the billet enclosure to hold the 7 segment display, next week sometime i could build them with my 6 LED's but that doens't seem to go over with everyone.

It will do the 1n23455 de-restriction mod or the TRE whatever you want.

Also will give gear based outputs for boost or nos control etc.
keep us posted Greg...
thumb_up.gif

hye yeh i would like one hmmm or just take doyles leftovers hahahahahaha hahahah just seems easier but yeah i am interested tired of pulling that clutch at 90 mile an hour the passenger hates slidingthatfast

Not sure on price yet, have to find some parts cheaper at the moment there are a few components paying a lot of money for which will make it difficult etc. Ill keep everyone posted.

will yours be a plug and play? any possible pic's of what the finnished product will be? and when they will be available, (approximately).

Barry, I stock all the GI Pro's and they typically ship same day if you want one. The Hayabusa takes the GI Pro SO2. It's $159.95 and same price no matter where you buy them.

The Accumen can get too, but don't stock those. Distributor is 90 miles away from me, so can get those almost overnight. Actually sending one out tomorrow to a fella that's got a sandrail with a Honda VTR1000 motor in it. He's going to solder the Accumen in so they vary a bit in pros and cons. Accumens are actually same price, but for this guy, the indicator unit by itself is just $109.99. In this instance, he didn't need the wire harness.

The GI Pro Gear Indicators are immensely popular, and I think that popularity speaks for itself. Yes, they are slightly larger than the Accumen, but the readout is also slightly larger. Both of them come in Red or Blue. (Red is more popular with riders).

GI Pro has the ATRE built in so for the 01-07 Busa owners, that's a big plus along with being plug-n-play, just plug it in, while the Accumen you have to program with the included instructions.

Downside to the GIPro is it's only for Suzuki & Kawasaki. Not sure why only those brands, but the Accumen also has wire harnesses for other brands.
beerchug.gif

gipro_gsx1300r_04.jpg

Back