swingarm ?

sh00perman

Registered
im wanting an extended swingarm (6"-8"). the question im having is i see a lot of diff ones and i want to know if i need bracing on it. like roaring toyz makes one and underbracing and overbracing are optional. i like the looks of it without the bracing but i dont want it to break. i dont take it to the track to race but im not gentle on it. gimme some input. thanks.

uuhhmmm...yeah over 4" out i'd suggest underbracing JMO i ride 2-up with the wife alot so definitely a must for me. went +9" w/underbracing and Im lovin it-over 2k on the arm n I'd never go back to stock now
bowdown.gif

No you do not need the underbracing @ 6"-8" over depending on what type of arm your
talking about and the your hp output. Arms like Trac or Velocity are extremely strong & very well made.I run a Velocity 8"-14" over no underbrace & no problems @ 216 hp.Even if you ride 2 up all the time and your bike makes 230-240 hp your not going to hurt that arm.Now if your talking about a chrome-moly arm then YES GET THE UNDERBRACING!!!! BOTTOM LINE If you have a bike that makes 3 to 5 hundred hp (turbos) then yes I think it would be in your best interest to get underbracing.Check with Velocity they give you a
life time warranty on there arms as long as your the org. owner.

Last edited:
my new trac dynamics can go 8 over and i have it set at 5.5 over no bracing on it anywhere, trac dynamics sold it to me for 800 it was an internet special they said no need for bracing even with the HP my bike puts out.

On the street no bracing is ok unless you are riding 2-up alot. But if you do alot of drag racing at the strip with the added traction and stress on the arm from the VHT compound you should be bracing the arm. That is my honest opinion.

Depends on what its make of and how. A lot of the newer arms being made diff and not needing bracing reguardless. I like the look of the underbracing!

Back