HID's

HID's - Which temp is better?

Votes: 172 100.0%

• Total voters

Fredyp33

Registered
I'm really considering getting an HID setup for low beam, I want to be seen better during the day, and be able to see great at night, so which temp. is best?

4700k-5000k is great, has a slight yellow hue.
6000k is great, has a slight blue hue.

Under 4700k is gonna be too yellow. Might be good to use in foggy conditions in a high beam, combined with a 6000k low for normal use.

7000k is probably too blue, and over 8000k is just poser. Worthless for good lighting.

6000 here..
beerchug.gif

4700K is a great temp, but I would prefer 6K. 8K is up there too, but there is a little more blue in it.

6000 low beam and 4300 high beam here
beerchug.gif

Colors:
Color is important, 4-5k gives the best performance and is closest to natural sunlight. It is also far less offensive to the eye, yours and oncoming traffic. The higher temps are more for bling factor, but will give less light and more "glare".

3000K has an approximate 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light. 3000K emits GOLDEN YELLOW color and offers superior penetration power during adverse weather epically in dense fog. The applications of the 3000K kit aim more towards secondary lighting apparatus such as high beam and fog lights. The 3000K capsule is actually a 5000K capsule specially coated with a film that filters out all the wave length except the range of wave length which emits yellow.

4300K has an approximate 3200lm output, which is more than 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and is the color temperature with the most output. The light appears fairly white, and has light yellowish hue when reflected off the road identical to the OEM HID equipped vehicles. This color is for customers who are looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight. It is ideal for customers who do a lot of back road or canyon driving and need the optimal visibility.

6000K has an approximate 2800lm output, which is 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 5000K. Although it has a bit less light output, it emits pure whiter light with very slight and barely noticeable tint of blue.

8000K has an approximate 2550lm output, which is about 3x the light output of the traditional halogen light and slightly less light output compared to the 6000K. While it has a bit lesser light output, it emits bluer light than the 6000K.

One word of warning is you do not want to use the 4300 for your low beam. It puts out the same color of light as the sun and is not visible to other drivers if you are between them and it when it is rising or setting.

I had 8000 and now have 6000. I like the 8 for the color, but the 6 is a good median.

Where does everyone get their kits from? All the places i've got my kits for my cars dont have motorcycle kits.

Xenonking.. check over in the group buy section.. motorcycle or car, he'll hook you when you mention you're from the forum.

I got 8000k low 6000k high. Im not a poser, i just got the kit that was offered to me. I think it provides great light, for when you want the sun shiining out of your headlight at night, MUCH brighter than any car around you.

Back