Rear view camera installed

Bigger-Busa

Registered
I installed a rear view color camera and screen. This was a simple 2 hour custom installation. I used a dremal tool to modify the tail section of the 2006 busa and used lots of clear silicone. The screen has tons of adjustments for contrast and brightness for sunny days or dark nights.
The manufacturer says to hook camera power wires to reverse lights but I hooked them to the original marker plate light wires. Now as soon as you turn key on the camera and screen come to life.

IMAGE_00083.jpg

Where the original reflector was located I placed the camera. BJ's ware house has the entire review camera set up for $79. it is a VR3 Video Reality Video Labs VRBCS300WCOS

IMAGE_00078.jpg

First off, Why is there a goat in the pic with your bike??? Thats a little odd.

Second, the cam with that kit is nice but the wireless will start to make you mad in about a week. At speed when you hit a bump, the pic with fade in and out.

But I like the install.

Josh

I had the same rear view camera on my Katana, it would flicker at idle but once I started rolling it showed a pretty decent view. It worked very well (imo) on the highway, gives us your take on it after a few rides. I thought it was a good investment.

so how much/ part # etc

IS this like the wireless at wally world for $100?

He actually keeps it with the goat here is another pic
laugh.gif

post-6-75946-p7240048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I think is odd is the tire seems to be a little off center to the right
rock.gif

I like the camera setup though
clap.gif

I'm glad someone said something about the goat. I saw it and thought WTF! I couldn't figure was the goat trying to squeeze by or was it a stuff animal!...Woo!

That sure is a heck of a lot cheaper than the ANT display/camera. Is the goat your little buddy?
beerchug.gif

I have the same one from Wal-Mart. For the price, you can't beat it. My camera is right under the reflector, and the monitor is on a double stem stand that I got from Jester.

Not to change the subject, but would this mod make it legal to ride with no mirrors?

Also, how well does the camera show at night?

I planned on buying one of these for my Avalanche sometime in the future. Now I might have to buy 2.
blush.gif

Good job Bigger-Busa!
thumb_up.gif

so how much/ part # etc

IS this like the wireless at wally world for $100?
I got the camera at BJ's right here>
http://shop.bjs.com/Car-Electronics_stcVVcatId428396VVviewcat.htm

the web site says not available but in Wallingford, CT they have plenty in stock. $79 with a $10 rebate
VR3 Wireless Backup Camera

Model: VRBCS300W
SKU: 7176138

http://bjs-content.vcommerce.com/products/138/7176138/main-205.jpg

(Notice goats body is eerily similar to the hayabusa body.. strange!)

P5290050.JPG

Not to change the subject, but would this mod make it legal to ride with no mirrors?

Also, how well does the camera show at night?

I planned on buying one of these for my Avalanche sometime in the future. Now I might have to buy 2.
blush.gif

Good job Bigger-Busa!
thumb_up.gif
I haven't ridden it yet with the camera installed as im here in CT and its freezing out. I figure it will be ok at night you realy only need to see the head lights anyway, they should be fine.

Not sure if legally you can remove mirrors but i have the smallest tiny mirrors now and they are not good for much.

"Goats rule, Dogs drool!"

tuc_upclose_1000.sized.jpg

Back