Started my frame-slider install

TurboSN95

Registered
I picked up some Lockhart Phillips C/F frame sliders and started the install today. For the laser, I am using a laser-level, working out great so far. Last photo shows a small hole that was drilled out, with the laser going in the hole. Just waiting for my buddy to drop off the 2" hole saw.

Does anyone know if the LP sliders require some washers to "even out" the sliders? I read about other brands being offset.

And I also did my steering damper mod! Synthetic 75w90, and it actually has a "grape smell". LOL. I had the bottle leftover from when I had a GMC truck, figured it would be just fine. And just pumping it in the fluid you can feel it stiffen up.
easybutton.png

Panels off:
View attachment 1290191

Laser shining into bolt-hole:
View attachment 1290192

Tools of the trade:
View attachment 1290193

On target:
View attachment 1290194

Drilled out hole:
View attachment 1290195

Steering damper mod complete!
View attachment 1290196

That's how I plan on doing mine.

Great job and thanks for the pics.

Trust me, it took a lot for me to finally do it. I had another set of sliders, Vortex. Sold them because I had them for so long that they were collecting dust. Now that I read this "laser" method, I figured it was fool proof, makes total sense and is very easy to do if you understand it and take your time. There will be more pics, hopefully they help others out, and I am also hoping the 2" hole goes ok.
beerchug.gif

banghead.gif
perfect idea i cant believe i didnt think of that. ia have avoided sliders for that reason. after seeing that idea it seems
easybutton.png
now i get to shop for some
ThumbsUp.gif

thats cool. i have been wanting 2 put frame sliders on but realy didnt want 2 cut the plastic. thanks 4 posting the pics.

yeah the hard part is getting the angled cut on the plastic I would think... be interesting to see how you tackle that...

+1 to the big kahuna's bro

GIXERHP just did mine on my brand new body set last weekend. He made a sharp pointer "tool thing" out of what I presume was an old allen wrench. He used the size that fit into thoe bolt that goes there, cut the sucker down to like 1.75" and sharpened the heck out of one end. He then stuck that in the the bolt and we lined up the panel set the allen head that goes right there, placed a towel over the area and gave the spot a whack with a mallet. Remove the panel,Pre-drill at that puncture mark with a small bit and then center the hole saw on that. It came out perfect, he mentioned afterwards that this was the first set he had ever cut...
banghead.gif

GIXERHP just did mine on my brand new body set last weekend.  He made a sharp pointer "tool thing" out of what I presume was an old allen wrench.  He used the size that fit into thoe bolt that goes there, cut the sucker down to like 1.75" and sharpened the heck out of one end.  He then stuck that in the the bolt and we lined up the panel set the allen head that goes right there, placed a towel over the area and gave the spot a whack with a mallet.  Remove the panel,Pre-drill at that puncture mark with a small bit and then center the hole saw on that.  It came out perfect, he mentioned afterwards that this was the first set he had ever cut...  
banghead.gif
Yeh but i wasn't scared to jump on the chance to do them, was I!

I did mine the exat same way with a laser. Came out great. I was nervous as hell drilling into my newly painted panels!
I see your bike is on a stand so your bike is level. I know someone who used the laser but his bike was on it's kickstand. His hole did not line up to the right height. I told him to wait for me! We had to use a dremel to enlarge the hole. Came out pretty good considering.
Shawn

Update:

Frame slider hole is cut-out, and it looks pretty good! A little snug on the top, which is fine... and a slight gap on the bottom (which is fine cause you can't really see it!).

Moving onto the left side tomorrow morning!

busa-frame-sliders007.jpg

busa-frame-sliders008.jpg

busa-frame-sliders009.jpg

And I just thought this was a cool shot...
thumb_up.gif

frame-sliders004.jpg

Update:

Frame slider hole is cut-out, and it looks pretty good!  A little snug on the top, which is fine... and a slight gap on the bottom (which is fine cause you can't really see it!).

Moving onto the left side tomorrow morning!

busa-frame-sliders007.jpg

View attachment 1297112
View attachment 1297113

And I just thought this was a cool shot...  
thumb_up.gif

View attachment 1297115
I like the "shocker" sticker. I was looking for a small one to put on the windscreen... know where I can get one?

Back