Quick caution about SS brake lines

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Condition:
Stretched stainless brake lines :(Galpher Fronts)

Mods:
3/4 Reaper style riser (possibly the tall risers without the Helibars as well)
Helibars

FIX:
lower front end by 3/4" (this may be more if you have the taller reaper style risers)

When initially installed I did not notice this problem.. However when I had the bike supported by the frame and the front suspension fully extended, it pulled the lines "straight" and loaded them.. This is potentially a disaster waiting to happen..

I do know that there are 2 of us so far that have discovered this issue. If you are running risers and stainless lines, I would get the forks fully extended and check that the lines are not being pulled on..

I thought I posted this already but i guess not...

thumb_up.gif

Thanks for the heads up
thumb_up.gif
I have 1 1/4 risers with no problems with the stock lines but I'm ordering SS.I will order a little longer now.

That means there is less than 3/4" play in length when istalled on stock bike and forks are extended.
rock.gif

lurk.gif

Is this correct? Is this enough length?

To tighten them up it would mean they are pulling straight with only 3/4" less length.

Anyone else have SS line without genmar and riser combo? maybe with genmar only...or risers only and using stock length?

I have 1 1/4 risers and told that to Charles when I ordered them. No problems at all.

I have 1 1/4 risers and told that to Charles when I ordered them. No problems at all.

100_1634__Medium_.JPG

Did I mention they look cool! AND you can order two colors. I got the silve to match the swingarm and look stock.

100_1626__Medium_.JPG

Call Craig at HEL. Any length, bend and color. Great guy, ships same day.
thumb_up.gif

I had to change a line when installing radial masters.

r8

was a bit disappointed that the lines are cut this close on tolerance.. Had I known they were this tight, i would have ordered "long" lines... As the risers and helibars are such common mods, it would seem that they would either note this or just make the lines a bit longer from the start..

I did post a message to them but no reply yet..

Just did not want someone to pull a fitting out and find out the hard way that the lines are a touch short for the mod..
smile.gif

was a bit disappointed that the lines are cut this close on tolerance..  Had I known they were this tight, i would have ordered "long" lines...    As the risers and helibars are such common mods, it would seem that they would either note this or just make the lines a bit longer from the start..  
+1

He might be doing a bike show. I'm looking for his number now. Maybe Brendanp has it.

r8

thumb_up.gif
thanks for the heads up. I am just waiting on my risers in the mail, and will eventually be putting SS lines on.

So for those with Galfer lines, how long did you go above stock
rock.gif
?.......I have the 3/4" risers...

Back