The Magura Project.

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
My good friend Beandanp got a set of Maguras for Christmas last year. Not wanting to be out done
tounge.gif
I picked up a set from GMBusa. Thanks again Paul.

The first thing we both wanted was something other than plastic bottles and rubber lines. There is not much to choose from in aftermarket.

To the rescue comes Brendanp. "I'll make some fittings." So, after many, many emails and phone conversations we came up with some ideas. Angles, thread pitch, sealers to use etc.

Other small problems arose along the way requiring different SS lines and such. We needed something to carry our SS lines to the bottom of the radial master cylinders so Craig at Hel sent us these little parts shown in picture.

Would like to thank Pj from Pj's parts as well as Craig from HEL. You could not ask for better service. A few wrong parts were ordered and quickly handled. Brake pressure switches took forever to get but we held out for what we wanted.

Thank you again to all.

Here are the parts including Brendanp fittings and reservior work. We took stock Rizomas and threaded the ends.

r8

106_0622.jpg

106_0621.jpg

Clearence was checked so the reserviors did not hit the wind screen. The brake side was straight forward. The clutch side was a little more work.

Since I run the Heli risers I had to carefully grind a little of the weld off. The radial master did not sit flush on the bar and the fast idle lever was up against the cylinder mounts.

r8

View attachment 1228315

View attachment 1228316

Next was to connect all lines and electrical connections for the brake ligh andclutch saftey switch. I wanted to retain all stock features.

When everything was mounted correctly ie: SS line clearence no binding in lines we used some Loc-Tite thread sealer. ( #545) I let it sit all night.

r8

View attachment 1228319

View attachment 1228320

Bleed the system, check all fittings and after much ado the project was complete.

Bike was down for quite awhile due to mostly changing ideas and going other routes.

Thank you again Brendan for the fine work.  
shake.gif

r8

View attachment 1228329

WOW! Looks freakin awesome! How do they feel / perform? And where did you get those sweet mirrors? Great lookin bike man!
bowdown.gif

WOW!  Looks freakin awesome!  How do they feel / perform?  And where did you get those sweet mirrors?  Great lookin bike man!  
bowdown.gif
I was wondering if the cost was worth the upgrade. Since every aspect, other than calipers, were upgraded "why not". I had the SS lines, ABM full floating rotors and Carbon Loraine pads.

The feel of the brakes and clutch are just awesome. This thing will stop on a dime. Great thing about this is the "feel" is always the same.

If on your mod list I'll help any way I can as I learned a lot. When I stop anywhere people are always looking.
winkold.gif

The mirrors are Rizomas.

Thank you for the kind words.

r8

106_0608.JPG

drools.gif
I wanna be just like you guys when
I grow up. I'm still into the bling but
also moving towards performance bling and
you guys give me something to strive for
thumb_up.gif

Schweet,it about time you decided on which way you were going to go with this LOL

Those are damn nice, guys. Great work!

--Wag--

We held out for these switches that were on backorder forever. The ones shown with the 45 degree angle is what we used. Made for a clean install.

Pressure switches are all different. Example. Brendans brake light comes on as soon as the lever is pulled. On mine the brake light comes on with a hard pull. Almost to a lock up.

I basiclly have to touch the rear brake for the brake light.

Nature of the beast so if you do this mod be advised.

r8

<a href="http://photobucket.com" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">View attachment 1228853
View attachment 1228854

I went ahead with Vman kit,the brembo cylinders with stock 1000's cup painted grey to match the bike.

Back