Straight Exhaust

hossbusa

Registered
AAAssjani.gif
I was just wondering if anyone has any information about taking off the stock cans on a '07 busa and butting straight tips on. I did it and it sounds great but does it take some power away or does it hurt my bike at all, any info would be great.

Welcome to the board.... Do a quick search and you should find lots of answers... You're not the only one to post the same exact situation.

yes, you're down on power esp if you haven't done any tunning.

(hossbusa @ Oct. 02 2007,10:45)
AAAssjani.gif
I was just wondering if anyone has any information about taking off the stock cans on a '07 busa and butting straight tips on. I did it and it sounds great but does it take some power away or does it hurt my bike at all, any info would be great.
If you only removed the can's you didn't remove much restriction at all. Don't worry about tuning.

The header is pretty restrictive, and the mid-pipes have a cone shape which also provides restriction.

I removed the mid-pipes and mufflers and put some free flowing units on there and she runs fine.

Where's the pictures?

My 07 seemed to loose some power with the stubbies on mine. But hey it's a busa and is still plenty fast

I bought and installed the CF Yoshi cans and removed the tips to improve the sound. Does that incur any HP loss?

Back