2008 Mufflers on 2007?

BowDown

Registered
Any idea if the 2008 mufflers or mufflers/mid-pipe will bolt onto a 2007 busa?

I really like the look of the tri-oval and the matt black finish.

W/ all the aftermarket pipes that look and sound sooo much better (IMHO) why would you pay all that money for OE cans. These will not be going as cheap as the stock 07' OE cans you see everywhere.

On this same subject I was looking at the GSXR1000 last night and wondering the same thing! People will be takin them off in short Order I am sure! Might be a nice economical upgrade for those not really looking for huge power gains.
wink.gif

(bigoltool @ Jul. 25 2007,10:09) On this same subject I was looking at the GSXR1000 last night and wondering the same thing! People will be takin them off in short Order I am sure! Might be a nice economical upgrade for those not really looking for huge power gains.  
wink.gif
You mean putting the 2007 GSXR 1000 cans on the Busa? Dealer should be able to tell you.

I still don't think these will be even close to the give away prices you see on the sh!tty stock Busa cans, believe me I still have mine.
mad.gif

I doubt they will bolt up as this was the most changed part on the 08 Busa. And like other said, it would be cost ineffective to go that round unless you got someone giving them to you.

I have seen a 06 GSXR1000 can on a busa with minor modifications. I would assume with minor mods to your mid pipes you may be able to get the 07 cans to work. For that matter, I suppose the 08 Busa cans could be done the same way....but like I said before, I don't think it'd be worth the cost involved.

Good luck.

(BowDown @ Jul. 25 2007,12:48) Any idea if the 2008 mufflers or mufflers/mid-pipe will bolt onto a 2007 busa?

I really like the look of the tri-oval and the matt black finish.
Why not the Yosh TRS carbons? Bolt 'em on and go.

Yosh_TRS_Carbon.jpg

Yes several members have. Busawhipped just talked about what he used and how he did his. PM him.

I have an 2006 K1 stock muffler on my 03. They look very similar to the 08 Busa's stock muffler. All that was needed is to cut the butterfly exhaust valve off and weld a piece of pipe to replace it so it slips on the mid-pipe. I LOVE the look the stock K1 pipe! I can post some pics if you want.

To be honest I have no clue how the 1K pipe mounted to the 1K, but the butterfly valve is on the inlet side and I just cut it off and welded a piece to replace it. It slips on to my Yoshi midpipe and I can always swap the 1K pipe and the RS3 whenever I want, they mount exactly the same way.
smile.gif
I'll post some pics tonight, Photobucket is blocked up here at work.
guns.gif

(BowDown @ Jul. 27 2007,14:37) Anyone thought of painting the bodies of the stock mufflers?
You mean like these. Sorry for the distractions, but it's the only picture I have at work that shows the cans....um I mean the exhaust.

BusaCheerleader.jpg

What kind of paint did you use? I don't know how hot the mufflers actually get. Hi-temp paint needs a certain temp to cure.

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 01 2007,06:58)
(BowDown @ Jul. 27 2007,14:37) Anyone thought of painting the bodies of the stock mufflers?
You mean like these.  Sorry for the distractions, but it's the only picture I have at work that shows the cans....um I mean the exhaust.
But a very nice distraction at least!
firedevil.gif

Back