TRE function

nvusovmeass

Registered
i did a search to find the answer and nothing came up...

Does the TRE add horsepower or just eliminate the top speed cut off?

You'll get various opinions on if it adds HP or not.

Here is a good place to start.

you must remap and detune after installing a t.r.e. because it adds so much hp. its actually illegal in some states. check with your local authorities before installing.
beerchug.gif

According to what I've read, the TRE has no effect at full throttle so it should not change HP ratings. It was designed to smooth out throttle response in the lower gears, which I found it does well.

I don't see how you can't find all the information you need about the Timing Retard Eliminator right here on this sight.

(ezlife @ Apr. 18 2007,12:flamethrowing:) I don't see how you can't find all the information you need about the Timing Retard Eliminator right here on this sight.
lol..

you would be surprised..

(nvusovmeass @ Apr. 16 2007,08:04) i did a search to find the answer and nothing came up...

Does the TRE add horsepower or just eliminate the top speed cut off?
To the best of my knowledge all it does is eliminate top end restriction. It does not ad HP

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 18 2007,14:37)
(ezlife @ Apr. 18 2007,12
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) I don't see how you can't find all the information you need about the Timing Retard Eliminator right here on this sight.
lol..

you would be surprised..
you would be suprised... when i was trying to figure it out... all i could find was the smart azz comments... it has leaves on it, and all that stuff. Took me a while before i finally figured out what it really was...
all_coholic.gif

Can we just go back to what octane gas you run or what you clean your chain with?

Acronym Definition
TRE Tactical Radio Enclosure (US Army)
TRE Tactical Readiness Evaluation
TRE Tactical Receive Equipment
TRE Tampere (Finland)
TRE Target Rich Environment (gaming)
TRE Tax Return Evaluation
TRE Telecommunications Research Establishment
TRE Test Results and Evaluation report
TRE Texas Rules of Evidence
TRE Thermodynamic Reliability Engineering
TRE Tie Rod End (automotive steering part)
TRE Tiree, Scotland, United Kingdom - Tiree Island (Airport Code)
TRE TLA-Rich Environment
TRE Total Rare Earth
TRE Toxicity Reduction Evaluation (US EPA)
TRE Training Readiness Evaluation
TRE Transient Radiation Effects
TRE Transmission Equipment (telecommunications)
TRE Treaty Related Equipment
TRE Tribunal Regional Eleitoral (Brazil)
TRE Trinity Railway Express (Texas)
TRE Turbidity Removal Evaporator

I keep looking on ebay for a Ocillation Overthruster, anybody know where I can find one?

ovrthrst.gif

it eliminates the rev limiter sending a signal to the ecu making it think it in 5th gear
t.r.e stands for timing retard eliminator. most people think it adds h.p. but all it does is keep the engine timming at full advance adding alittle more torque causing the illusion of h.p. this feature was added by suzuki for legal reasons(to keep people from unexpected wheelies)I.E. law suites.
I would like to recomend the g.i.pro atre/gear indictor
its one of the best mods for the $.
I have one on my busa so I speak from experiance & not hear say.I also own my own repair shop & (no b.s.) the suzuki super bike team is 2 doors down they mapped & dynoed my bike
shanling & kok lol have visited my shop they can verify.
super.gif

i installed both a power commander and a t.r.e.-----and then removed the t.r.e.----took a ride wondering when the rev limiter was going to kick in and it never did......?
rock.gif
????WHY?
rock.gif
???

i tried to contact the guys over at B.D.E.,where my map came from,still no responce.............

rock.gif

Timing Retard Eliminator.       If you have ever timed a small block you know the difference between advanced and retarded. If not Advanced and Retarded are kind of self explanatory. Suzuki retards the timing  in the first 4 gears to help with power delivery. This basically acomplished two things, 1. to keep novice riders from wheelies and uncontrollable launches. 2. By retarding the timing suzuki could limit the bikes top speed which suzuki and all other motorcycle manufactures are now forced to do in the U.S.     THE PERFORMANCE LOOPHOLE
In 5th gear even the busa does not do wheelies, also in 5th gear you can't achieve top speed. Suzuki did not limit 5th gear MAP. Now  the ecu works off ohms. Simple small amounts of electricity. Example : 8 ohms on one side of a 1 inch brass plate puts out 4 ohms on the other side. Via loss of energy ( displacement of molecules if you get technical). The tre. is a make of wires and resistors that change income of ohms to 1 outcome.  For example, first gear in the busa puts out 1 ohm to the ecu, which in turn causes the ecu to run map 1. Which is 4  degrees retarded.  5th gear gets to the ecu as 5 ohms, causing the bike to run unrestricted. When you install the tre, your ecu will now only see 1 amount 5 ohms.  (Unless it's in neutral). The Question was   Does a tre produce more horsepower, NO. It does allow you to use all the bikes horsepower all of the time. The good news you only map one gear of the bike, deacceleration is greatly improved. The busa does not have a gear indicator, so you don't get cheated out of losing it.  But  power never comes without sacrifice. You will find low rpms become more jumpy, as 5th gear is not mapped to idle around. Also you will find the bike runs a little warmer. Anytime detonation is closer to zero  more heat is produced.  If you get one check into one that is "smart", and or switchable, so you can turn it on when you want to run all out.

ebay_1_26_07_019.jpg

thats pretty much what I said just a shorter simple version for the novice readers/riders looking for help.
super.gif

(big ed @ Apr. 18 2007,17:04) thats pretty much what I said just a shorter simple version for the novice readers/riders looking for help.
super.gif
Correct. I seen what you wrote just before I posted.

Back