2nd Fan mod....

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
OK here are a couple of pix on how the mod turned out.

I have really been lazy on this one... so here are few shots of the process.

everyone starts off like this...

DSCF0071.jpg

then using an 03~04 gixxer 1K fan (made for the right side of radiators), I had to slightly adjust the brackets and find the right angle for my install.
DSCF0075.jpg

then using little more than a bench grinder...just fab a few parts from stuff laying around in the garage...
DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

the using the second control in my PM50 bar switch....I wired this fan up for manual control... fused home run for the positive and my switch provides ground.

c310094.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

while I am showing some things .... I HIGHLY recommend on of these radiator guards. it installs in seconds...and will keep the larger debris off those ultra sensitive fins.
these go on eBay for about 60.00.
DSCF0077.jpg

then there's my crank case breather...
CIMG0247.jpg

and since I had to lift the tank to get to the breather....the stock vacuum lines just HAD to go!
before
CIMG0248.jpg

after
CIMG0257.jpg

beerchug.gif

thank you
i wanted to do this. now i have the information to do it
beerchug.gif

on my to find a fan
super.gif

if you have any questions...just PM me.

I got the fan off of eBay...and a Muzzy Fan from the board sponsors.

beerchug.gif

super.gif

I'm always concidering, at least, switching to the Muzzy fan, but since I changed my coolant to Engine Ice, I rarely get warm enough for the fan to even kick on~ Well... except for sittin in stop and go traffic in the middle of summer anyhow...

Nice write up.

I put in my muzzy fan today. I've had a 1K fan for a while. Now I know the parts i'll need to fab to complete my install.

Thanks

how much more clearance do you get from the breather mod? I need some more room under there
smile.gif

the breather sits less than an inch tall.

I did this because I wanted room to install an air compressor....for emergency flats tires etc.

The only real downsides to this are that the Busa (like most zooks) can generate significant crankcase pressure....and send oil up the breather line pretty easily. Suzuki helped keep oil out of the airbox by the design of the stock one (if you take it off you'll see what I mean).....so you need to just make sure that if spend an afternoon riding at 9KRPMS+ .... then opo the air cleaner and check for residue....it may or may not be there.

second....the location of the fitting isn't ideal unless you can find some preformed hose to work up out of the wayand free up the area.
my current hose goes straight up into the airbox.....no bends , nada.

I'll leaveit pinned for a little while
smile.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:arial'></span><div align="left">[/Quote]<span style='color:darkblue'></span>
beerchug.gif
Excellent idea with the second fan but I was wondering if there was a way to tap into the existing fans relay and be able to run both of them from the same temp. switch ?

just a word of advice....be careful about the 2nd fan's shroud being right up against the fins, especially the tubes that run horizontally which carry the water.......mine was up against it, and eventhough it was bolted down tight, after about 2 years, all the road vibrations made the metal shroud of the fan lightly but steadily rub against the radiator until it finally wore a pin sized hole in it and water started squirting out.

when i bought a new radiator, i used some rubber grommets to make sure there was no metal to metal contact.

Back