Help me get rid of the GOLD

05BusaLe

Too much time to kill and money to spend
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, here is my new problem (other then my mental ones) on my 05 LE they used the gold color forks and calipers. The calipers is easy I will be painting them with this brush on 2 part epoxy paint unless someone tells me not to for a good reason! Now these forks, I will be removing them to change out the springs and wanted to know if there is a way to change the gold to black? Any of you pro's out there do this already? and if so how can I get it done.
Thanks
David

Not to jack your thread, but where did you get new springs and are you going to replace the valves as well?

Don

(USN05LE @ Feb. 11 2007,13:17) Not to jack your thread, but where did you get new springs and are you going to replace the valves as well?

Don
Getting the springs from a board member out of a 05 gsxr. I will not be changing anything other then the springs, and fork oil.

why not send me your gold forks and calipers and put some silver forks and black brakes back on?I have a perfectly straight set of silver forks that need seals and since your replacing springs just put a set of seals in them.

There ya go
beerchug.gif

Thanks but I am not too intrested in silver either, really looking for a way to go black. I guess you could say I am not a real big fan of bling, going more for the stelth bomber look!
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Feb. 11 2007,20:27) Paint them too, you want it all black just get your rattle can on.

Teenager-with-spray-can-2.jpg
You can't paint the fork tubes ya knucklehead
crazy.gif
it's a Titanium hard coat
wink.gif

Don't laugh...this is just an idea, when you have the forks apart you could slip on some BLACK large diameter heat shrink tubing, add heat to form around the fork tubes then wipe down with some armor-all and VOILA you have a stealth black covering on yer fork tubes. and here's a link for some large diameter heat shrink tubing.

ElectroDynamics

You could get the outer forks powder coated black or send them to Jet-Hot for ceramic coating gloss or flat black and on any motorcross parts site you could find the flexible black booting to cover the gold inner fork tubes....just an idea....

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 11 2007,14:23) Thanks but I am not too intrested in silver either, really looking for a way to go black. I guess you could say I am not a real big fan of bling, going more for the stelth bomber look!
beerchug.gif
Don't powder coat the gold trade em to me and powder coat or paint the silver ones that I have.. At least let someone have them that will use them on there bike and not just sell them off on ebay or something like that..
wink.gif

I would like to find someone that would trade the old style for the new style, And if your gonna rebuild anyway.. Lets make a deal.. A whatcha say, Uh whatcha say..
rock.gif

Back