Brake & Clutch Reservoir Upgrade

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Looking to upgrade my Clutch and Front Brake Reservoir's to a Rizoma style setup. Does anyone know what size I should get, and if I should get a side or bottom outlet?

Rizoma makes a few different models, and I don't want to encounter clearance issues with my windscreen or effect breaking in a negative way - this is suppose to be an upgrade, mostly for looks but still want as good or better breaking performance. Which setup should I go with for both clutch & front brakes?

Choice 1) Capacity: 20mm
Height: 42mm
Diameter: 31mm
Outlets: 1 included

Choice2) Capacity: 35mm
Height: 43mm
Diameter: 50mm
Outlets: 2 included:

Choice3) Capacity: 27mm
Height: 49mm
Diameter: 40mm

Choice 4) Capacity: 35mm
Height: 43mm
Diameter: 50mm

You are limited in choices. The reason is?

Rizoma only makes a few, CT15/CT17, with/without sight glass. The reservoirs with side mount are not side specific meaning on one side you would see the sight glass and the other you would not.

runeight...

rz_CT015R_Z.jpg

with site glass..down tube only. Plenty of room because as you turn the handlebars the reservoir drops.

runeight...

rz_CT017A_Z.jpg

(runeight @ Feb. 06 2007,06:20) with site glass..down tube only. Plenty of room because as you turn the handlebars the reservoir drops.

runeight...
So this is the style to go with? Im not upgrading my brakes to a brembo system, already have new lines, pads, rotors, just like the look of the round reservoir's.

Will my brakes work any better or worse if I go to this setup, and can I just take off the old reservoir's, put the new one's on, bleed the system and I'm done...or is there more to it then that?

You have no way to just remove the stock reservoirs. They are all on piece.

No improvment other than looks. I would just leave the stock system on unless going with aftermarket cylinders. Then you need the cans.

runeight...

err....Yah, I was starting to wonder about that.....sigh. Well I will have to put this project on the back burner, $$$ has to go into the 750 now as I got approval to go racing....guess I will use the money for tires at Brainerd. Thanks John for the input.

(Zuki @ Feb. 06 2007,08:01) err....Yah, I was starting to wonder about that.....sigh. Well I will have to put this project on the back burner, $$$ has to go into the 750 now as I got approval to go racing....guess I will use the money for tires at Brainerd. Thanks John for the input.
wink.gif

good luck at the track John-gimme a call when you head out-Id love to come and watch-but ya aint getn my big goofy azz out there on the twisties just yet!

+1 on waitin on those Rizomas-hold off til ya can get the Brembo resev!
super.gif

Back