Corbin Seats:  Are they Really That Ugly ?

SierraBusa

Registered
I've been a Corbin fan for as long as I've been riding and usually have them custom made at their shop in Hollister California. The wife loves the backrests and I promised to add one to the 'Busa, but jeez their photos really make them look ungainly on this bike. I am hoping that if I do the "day the the factory" trip like I have before, I can make it look a bit better by cutting down the height of the passenger seat and doing some sort of custom pattern.

I'm looking for better photos than what is on the Corbin site. Most of the side views are obstructed as they show the bikes with those God-awful Beetle Bags,

Does anyone have a rear with backrest that shows how they really look.

....I actually like the stocker, but the wife wants a backrest.....and I could not live with the mixed-mash look of just getting a rear only, even for short rides.

I don't think it is all that bad, but I dont leave it on the either. I only put it on for a second rider. Sometimes you have to take function over form. Nice to not have to worry about passenger flying off. Not to mention the passenger not squeezing the life out of you LOL. I have some pics I will try to remember to post when I get home.

(SierraBusa @ Jan. 31 2007,02:22) I've been a Corbin fan for as long as I've been riding and usually have them custom made at their shop in Hollister California. The wife loves the backrests and I promised to add one to the 'Busa, but jeez their photos really make them look ungainly on this bike.
To quote a Busa owner who HAS one- "It looks like a John Deere tractor seat".
laugh.gif

Here's a pic of my Corbins. They have the carbon fiber look but that doesn't make the rear seat any less ugly, mostly because of its height. Must have been designed to catch your butt on hard launches. The rider seat is extremely comfortable; I've ridden for 9 straight hours without any discomfort. I have about 20,000 miles on the seat and it's showing wear on the right edge, probably because I like to hang off whether on the road or track. The picture is when the seats were new.

Corbin.jpg

Thanks JQ !  That's the picture I was looking for. It's not very sexy looking, but the wife will like the back rest.   I think I can live with it.  I'm hoping that I can have the passenger cut down bit so she won't sit that high. They are pretty flexible when you are there when they make the saddle.

Thanks Again !!!

I'll put up a pic tonight when I get home. Mine has the blue piping, I think it looks pretty good, but I take the passenger seat off when I don't need it.

The added height makes it more comfortable for her and she loves the backrest.

If you dont like how the CORBIN seat looks.....send it to TOBIN!!!

HE WILL MAKE IT LOOK BETTER!!
bowdown.gif
super.gif

I want a back rest set up for mine too, if only I could get this dayum money tree to grow!!
guns.gif

(heavybusa @ Feb. 02 2007,18:23) I want a back rest set up for mine too, if only I could get this dayum money tree to grow!!  
guns.gif
You need the secret formula, I can sell it to you for lets say $500. PM me if intrested.

jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

I got both my Corbins off the board. Front first. Then the back and it is not the same but close enough for less than 1/2 the price of new. I love this place...
super.gif

Back