Battery Charging Mod

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
I recently did some electrical mods, added a fuse box in back for accessories. I installed a powerlet outlet in the busa for charging the battery. This is not new at all but I put mine in a different location, the small black cover on the right side of the frame cover. It probably sucks but in case anyone else wants to do it... here it is. Even if it does suck, I ride into the garage and plug the thing up..work!
cool.gif

IMG_1125.jpg

Very cool, Can also be used for acc outlet, cel, gps, etc.. correct?

(Pops Roos @ Jan. 23 2007,21:42) Very cool, Can also be used for acc outlet, cel, gps, etc.. correct?
Yes it can also be used for any accessory that requires 12 volts. You just need to have a Powerlet plut for that accessory.
laugh.gif

Nice job... looks clean.

I've been wanting to do a trickle charger mod, but I didn't want the quick disconnect tucked near my seat or something like that. But your mod makes me wonder...

If I purchase the Shumacher charger like the one in the photo, would I be able to put the red and black connectors on my battery, remove the white connector and replace it with a powerlet outlet? And then remove the white connector on the charger and replace it with a cig lighter plug?

ed_1_b.JPG

(BigGeorge @ Jan. 23 2007,21:49) Nice job... looks clean.

I've been wanting to do a trickle charger mod, but I didn't want the quick disconnect tucked near my seat or something like that. But your mod makes me wonder...

If I purchase the Shumacher charger like the one in the photo, would I be able to put the red and black connectors on my battery, remove the white connector and replace it with a powerlet outlet? And then remove the white connector on the charger and replace it with a cig lighter plug?

ed_1_b.JPG
I don't see why not. However, for a full size battery charger watch your amp load. This setup is primarily for my battery tender. The normal fuse that comes with the Battery Tender (inline fuse) is 7.5amps. My fuse is now located in my accessory fuse terminal that I installed in the back part of the frame. Hope this helps!
wink.gif

Thanks, Lear. I pasted the wrong image... this is what I'm looking to get:
021-0123.jpg

Will this work for me using the setup I described without the worry of amp load?

Back