Slider Installation

mercury06

Registered
Long bolts, short bolts, right side, where to mount, high or low.  I have read so much on this now I am confused.

I think I am done except for the actual bolting into place.

I invented a few new four letter words while cutting the new plastic.  (Should have practiced on the scratched up ones)

From the pic attached which one will I be smashing my left knee on???  The one with the long or short "nipple"

Notice the bolts are the same length but the sliders have different size "nipples".

DSCN0511.JPG

Thanks Big-T. Gotta get going, need to get it back together for the morning.

This is why they are going on, cut off at about 5mph. Lost a pretty good helmet and jacket too!

DSCN0486.JPG

Those sliders are the way to go, gad to hear you had a lid on.

Were you hurt?

(mercury06 @ Jan. 23 2007,20:51) Thanks Big-T. Gotta get going, need to get it back together for the morning.

This is why they are going on, cut off at about 5mph. Lost a pretty good helmet and jacket too!
The bike cut off or you were cut off
rock.gif

The easy way to determine which goes where is to look at which side has the 'pinch bolt' holding original bolt in the motor. That pinch bolt holds the big 'nipple'.

I contemplated installing sliders, but I don't want to drill a hole in my plastics. In my spill, they wouldn't have helped, as I was actually hit by a car, which tossed me and my bike like a rag doll.

how long should they be?
thinking of some winter mods
lurk.gif

Ouch !! Good job - sorry to see the damage ... did you step off or get thrown?
SHOCKED.gif

(mercury06 @ Jan. 23 2007,20:30) Long bolts, short bolts, right side, where to mount, high or low.  I have read so much on this now I am confused.

I think I am done except for the actual bolting into place.

I invented a few new four letter words while cutting the new plastic.  (Should have practiced on the scratched up ones)

From the pic attached which one will I be smashing my left knee on???  The one with the long or short "nipple"

Notice the bolts are the same length but the sliders have different size "nipples".
wow.gif
Long bolts, short bolts, right side, where to mount, high or low. I have read so much on this now I am confused.
rock.gif
After hearing hi or low i'm wondering how this turned out
all_coholic.gif

Curious myself...I have a pair of Vortex sliders here staring at me ready to go on.

Back