PC3 location

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Where are most of you mounting your PC3's at? I found a few places it should fit under the seat or hump

mine is where the old tool bag was i just took the tools and put them back farther and it is right there so if you need to get to it to change a map you can

No pics, I am at work, but I have mine mounted on the right side of the bike. There are 2 plastic posts there (not sure what they are for) but I cut them off and sealed the hole under the larger one. The PC3 sits right there just fine and allow easy access to the port to plug it into the laptop. It doesn't take up much room like that either.

Don

I have mine mounted under the driver seat on the computer.
Held down by the same strap with velcro under just in case.
Keeps it out of the trunk for more room.

I was thinking there was room on the ECM but thought the seat might rub the PC3

No offense, but shouldn't the statement "(not sure what they are for) but I cut them off" be something you never do, in any walk of life, but especially not to a 190 MPH open motor vehicle. It's a good thing you're not a physician, or maybe you're the urologist for the Vatican City Boy's Castrati Choir.

(Pipefighter248 @ Jan. 22 2007,15:14) I have mine mounted under the driver seat on the computer.

+1 I also have a short 3" (don't go there with the comments) USB cable that is routed to under the hump so I can hook my laptop up to it easily without having to remove the front seat.

lurk.gif
don't have one, but have seen pics with them under seat, under hump, and on top of ECU.
all_coholic.gif

(Powers739 @ Jan. 22 2007,15:32)
(Pipefighter248 @ Jan. 22 2007,15:14) I have mine mounted under the driver seat on the computer.

+1 I also have a short 3" (don't go there with the comments) USB cable that is routed to under the hump so I can hook my laptop up to it easily without having to remove the front seat.
Where did you get a 3 inch usb cable from I could use 2 of them!

(HiYaBruceA @ Jan. 22 2007,14:19) No offense, but shouldn't the statement "(not sure what they are for) but I cut them off" be something you never do, in any walk of life, but especially not to a 190 MPH open motor vehicle. It's a good thing you're not a physician, or maybe you're the urologist for the Vatican City Boy's Castrati Choir.
I appreciate your comment.
laugh.gif
If you will look at those 2 posts, they serve zero purpose. They are not connected to anything so they offer no support. Did it on my last busa as well.

Don

On a more positive note, be careful that wherever you install the PC you don't hit the manual settings buttons. I had mine under the seat, but the custom Corbin seat hit the reset buttons after I loaded the map.

(HiYaBruceA @ Jan. 22 2007,16:36) On a more positive note, be careful that wherever you install the PC you don't hit the manual settings buttons. I had mine under the seat, but the custom Corbin seat hit the reset buttons after I loaded the map.
That would truly suck. Everything is going great, bike is running fine. All of a sudden crap. At least you had the presence of mind to realize what it was. There are several ppl, me included, that would have looked else where for the problem.

Don

The 3" USB cable is more like 6", it's a good thing my girlfriend didn't measure it, she thinks 6" is 12", shhh don't tell her anything different, it's our "little" secret...  The cable came with one of my external harddrive, I had two of them and I can't seem to find the other one.  I was not able to find them at Best Buy or Circuit City.  I will look tonight a little harder to see what I can find.

I couldn't take it any more, I know how much we are picture whores on the board so I went out and took some pictures.  Besides I am bored...

DSC03754.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

I tuck the USB connector into the flap of the tool pouch.
DSC03750.jpg

If you have any questions, just ask HeavyBusa, he seems to know it all!  
SHOCKED.gif
poke.gif

Under the seat, just aft the ECM.... velcro and the rubber band.... Co2 bottle and potentiometer/kill box in the truck.....
super.gif

Powers739,

Your pic showing the PC3 install was exactly how I had mine installed, but my Corbin seat hit the 3 buttons after I put it on. I still have the PC3 in the same place but reversed, so the buttons are at the top, nearer the storage area and under the lip of the body panel, so the seat can't hit them.

Back