Stainless steel brake line installation ?

Powers739

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if there is a right way and a wrong way to install the SS brake lines regarding the orientation of the banjo fittings.  Let me explain, see the picture (borrowed from Pops Roos) below, "A" banjo fitting is straight and "B" has a little bend to it.  Each line has "A" on one end and "B" on the other.  I installed mine just the opposite from below (however still routed to the correct caliper).  There is no mention of the orientation of the banjo fitting in the instructions.  

So, does it make a difference?  I don't think so, but I am curious on how others installed them.
all_coholic.gif

post-11-29180-Copy_6e.jpg

Edited to correct type -- Pop to Pops

If they work I would say you got it right and your done!

You have them correctly "oriented" but out of order. The fitting with the "bend" goes on first and the second "straight" unit nests up to it.
They should however function properly as is.

(newmill @ Jan. 21 2007,11:40) You have them correctly "oriented" but out of order. The fitting with the "bend" goes on first and the second "straight" unit nests up to it.
They should however function properly as is.
you are correct sir.

If you installed them opposite the pic, you are good to go, but even in the pic, they will work, it will only become an issue if you need to reposition the lines (change the angle of the fittings)...

Watch the arrangement around the forks and fender they may get kinked.

Nope not changing them nope not going to happen and you can't make me...
laugh.gif
NAH NAH NAH NAH..
biggrin.gif

Pops Roos - sorry, I didn't mean for them to give you a hard time about the orientation and to change it. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter, as long as the routing works for you then go with it. I was just curious how other board members installed thelm.
beerchug.gif

Hey no offense taken.. I too wanted to here what they all had to say..

its all cool
cool.gif

Don't think the As or Bs or "bends" a difference as long as fluid is getting from the master cylinder to the calipers ... as to fenders and forks ... I had to basically let mine run "free" of the stock clamps and routers as I have the 41mm block under my clipons. When I tried to route the stock length lines through the stock "guides" they would bind and rub ... When I just let them run loose - it all worked!! (Galfer lines). Tricky part is the bleeding - at least for me - did them and then did them again (bleeding) a couple days later and finally got the bubbles / air out. They're like rock now ... !! Hope it helps.
all_coholic.gif

I just happend to take this picture this evening on my way home from work, I'm not changing the orientation, I don't care what you all say.  As far as bleeding, do yourself a favor and use the mighty-vac, just becareful not to suck it dry.
DSC03770.jpg

Back