COERCE FIBER INSERTS

SANDFLEA85

Registered
HEAVYBUSA

i'LL ASK YOU SINCE YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TURNED ME ONTO THESE.i GOT THEM TODAY AND THE RIGHT SIDE SIGNAL OPENING ISNT AS BIG AS THE LEFT CAUSEING IT NOT TO SIT PROPERLY...DID YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM.iM THINKING A LIGHT GRIT SANDPAPER WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS BUT NOT REALL SURE IF IT WILL DAMAGE THE FIBERGLASS,NEED TO TAKE A 1/4 " OFF....ANY SUGGESTIONS?

rock.gif
that sucks!

You will need to sand it down some DD !

Heres a quote from Greg explaining the slight modification he had to do to it.

heavybusa  
Hayabusa Immortal

Group: Donating Member
Richmond, Va
 Posted on: Dec. 18 2006,11:45        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will explain it like this...

The screens are "glued" around the outside of the air vents but they roll into the opening so that the ram air tube can fit snugly.

When you introduce the carbon piece in the intake hole that mesh is in the way.

I had to remove it and flatten that "rolled" edge

You could also shave a little bit off of the carbon piece.

I think Valium removed his screens

[/Quote]

HeavyBusaTurnsignals.jpg

Yup, I removed my screens....a little sanding on the inside wouldn't hurt either. Carbon Fiber is some tuff stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions, or pm me for my cell number and I can give you more details.

John
beerchug.gif

_wsb_327x400_bu2.jpg

they now fit like a glove,,,sanded with 100 grit then 80 and they are now perfect.only took about 20 min to get it just right,they fit fine with the screens still in place..gonna have them painted black on monday to match the bike (dont really like the carbon look).will post pic when on bike.Thanks fellas

one more question...did you guys use anything other then the two small screws to attach covers...epoxy or anything...just dont seem like enough to hold them inplace.

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 19 2007,18:31) one more question...did you guys use anything other then the two small screws to attach covers...epoxy or anything...just dont seem like enough to hold them inplace.
No epoxy or anything...just 2 screws on each. I didn't use the screws that came with them....upgraded a little. Been up to the top end of 6th gear a few times, and they still haven't came off.
cool.gif

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 19 2007,18:08) they now fit like a glove,,,sanded with 100 grit then 80 and they are now perfect.only took about 20 min to get it just right,they fit fine with the screens still in place..gonna have them painted black on monday to match the bike (dont really like the carbon look).will post pic when on bike.Thanks fellas
Maybe I missed something, but why in the hell would you spend that much $$ on those to have them painted black.

Don

Ty hit it on the head a little sanding and she fits right on.

How did you mount it?

(Zuki @ Jan. 19 2007,19:34)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 19 2007,18:31) one more question...did you guys use anything other then the two small screws to attach covers...epoxy or anything...just dont seem like enough to hold them inplace.
No epoxy or anything...just 2 screws on each. I didn't use the screws that came with them....upgraded a little. Been up to the top end of 6th gear a few times, and they still haven't came off.
cool.gif
I used epoxy and double sided tape. worked fine.

I wanted my install to be smoother than two screw heads poking out and messing up my girls lines.

(USN05LE @ Jan. 19 2007,21:09)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 19 2007,18:08) they now fit like a glove,,,sanded with 100 grit then 80 and they are now perfect.only took about 20 min to get it just right,they fit fine with the screens still in place..gonna have them painted black on monday to match the bike (dont really like the carbon look).will post pic when on bike.Thanks fellas
Maybe I missed something, but why in the hell would you spend that much $$ on those to have them painted black.

Don
Don it is an expensive mod, but it alters the look of the signal lenses and fills the duct so that the lines are smoother.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 19 2007,20:22)
(USN05LE @ Jan. 19 2007,21:09)

Don
Don it is an expensive mod, but it alters the look of the signal lenses and fills the duct so that the lines are smoother.
I guess no one makes them out of fiberglass or abs cheaper than the CF ones. I was just asking about painting over the CF. I would love to have them and I like the CF look, but I just commited to buying a GIpro from Josh and I am saving for Guinevere's augmentation.

Don

I have not seen them made out of any other material.

That doesnt mean that they dont exist.

I think carbon with a tinted clear looks real nice. To each his own.
beerchug.gif

HB

Thanks for the input,

yeah,Im not feeling the screw attachment myself.I havent mounted them yet,gonna wait until they are painted,was thinking a good epoxy,not sure though,Ill ask the body guy who is painting them for me what he thinks.

was gonna shoot you a PM but figured I'd get everyones input and knew you would come across it eventually
beerchug.gif

Right on, I went to double check and I used black silicone not epoxy, they haven't budged.

Feel free to hit me up if you need anything.
beerchug.gif

Back