PILOT POWER TYRES

wichet

Registered
Hi all, i am in need of a new set of rubber
biggrin.gif
, i have seen these Pilot Power tyres here in the uk anyone using them and are they any good for the Busa
rock.gif
, or is there a better set of rubber i should be looking at. I am not bothered how many miles i get out of a set only that they stick like glue to the road.

Thanks wichet
race.gif

I just wore out a set and loved them. I only switched to a different tire because I like to experiment, plus I got the front Pirelli for free through a promotion
smile.gif

Been through about 3 sets so far. Love 'em!

I'm gonna test out the Pilot Sport HPXs once my current set of Powers run out...

Keep in mind - if you ride mostly straights, you WILL get a flat spot on the Powers, and should consider a somewhat harder compound like the Sports or even the Roads if you dont hit the twisties that often.

I loved them. Currently have the Dunlop Quals, which feel very similar to me, except they want to follow the grooves in the road a little more than the Powers.

Got 'em. Love 'em. Makes the bike much more flickable due to it's triangulated profile. So far, I think they'll last at least as long as the first two B56's did. ('bout 2500 mi ea)

Love 'em! Just put a 2ct on the rear a few weeks ago... can't wait to see how long it lasts in these straight lands~ My last one was showing threads in the center while the sides still looked damn near new~ I replaced it with the 2ct right about 21k on the odo~ Feels the same to me, as far as handling goes, so I'm mostly looking for that longevity on my center tread now~
smile.gif

I love mine. Have used about 3 sets. The V cross section makes them very flickable. If used on straight roads the V becomes a U, but I've got over 5,000 highway miles on mine and the rear isn't even close to wearing out. Keep in mind that when new, and having the V cross section, they respond to irregularities in the road more than other tires do, but you get used to it. I was buying them in front and rear sets for $200. I stacked them in my garage for future use. I can't seem to find that low a price these days, however.

I have just replaced my front with another Power, I got 10000 miles out of my first front. I am on my 3rd rear. Great tires, you wont be dissapointed.
smile.gif

Back