Muzzy Fan

Corso1

Registered
All-

How many of you feel that the Muzzy Fan is a worthwhile upgrade. I don't have a full exhaust yet, but I see several folks with it in their bike descriptions.

Just looking for some insight. I tried to do a search on the topic, but couldn't come up with anything.

Ryan

Thanks Rock.

I read that post after you sent the link. Sounds like people support the fan. Of course, here in Ohio it is typically not that hot, even in mid summer, and I livein an area where I am seldom stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

I might make the switch this year.

Thanks again-

Ryan

The Muzzy Fan and some Enging Ice made a big difference for me. I would do the upgrade again if I had to do it all over again. Kept me from overheating on Hot humid days while sitting in traffic. A few of the members from the forums here sell them for some really great prices. Easy to do mod, just remember to loc-tite the 3 screws.

(rockadaous @ Jan. 13 2007,07:25)
beerchug.gif
...good one Rock!

(Zuki @ Jan. 13 2007,08:02) The Muzzy Fan and some Enging Ice made a big difference for me. I would do the upgrade again if I had to do it all over again. Kept me from overheating on Hot humid days while sitting in traffic. A few of the members from the forums here sell them for some really great prices. Easy to do mod, just remember to loc-tite the 3 screws.
+1

Simple, cost-effective mod, but hard to tell whether it has helped me or not. Don't spend a lot of time in bumper-to-bumper traffic, but when I do sit for a while it's good to hear that fan kick on strong and know that it won't overheat.

(300Busa @ Jan. 13 2007,22:04) <table style=filter:glow(color=yellow)><table style=filter:flipV>PM ME IF YOU WANT MINE</table></table>
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>DO IT!!!!!!!!</span>

I would recommend the mod. I live in Florida and the bike ran very hot. The Muzzy fan and Engine Ice did the trick. While sitting still in traffic for a while, the fan will kick in, but cools her down fairly quickly. Cheap mod as well.
biggrin.gif

(Zuki @ Jan. 13 2007,11:02) The Muzzy Fan and some Enging Ice made a big difference for me. I would do the upgrade again if I had to do it all over again. Kept me from overheating on Hot humid days while sitting in traffic. A few of the members from the forums here sell them for some really great prices. Easy to do mod, just remember to loc-tite the 3 screws.
+1 and engine ice! My Muzzy arrived this afternoon...gettin' ready for summer.
wink.gif

I bought one for mine. I never had a problem over heating bofore though. Cheap mod and alittle extra insurance incase you get stuck in a hot situation.

There have been a few reported cases of the plastic factory fans melting in the heat. Not melting to a puddle or anything, just enough for the fan blades to get caught in the fan housing and seize the fan motor. I imagine the melting occured under extreme circumstances and that most likely 99% of people won't have a problem. But for alittle of your time and $40 you can have the peace of mind.

Of course, i am that 1%. If it can happen, it'll happen to me. Not yet on the fan though.

Back