1" raising links

cougar694u

Registered
I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....&rd=1,1

They came super fast, like 3 or 4 days. It's been too cold to ride (yeah, here in TX, anything sub 45 is too cold for me
AAAssjani.gif
). I'm hoping to get out tomorrow to see how the bike feels.

Just an FYI on an eBay seller that shipped quick and didn't rip me off.

Got mine from the same guy and like you said super quick shipping. Did you notice his parts look better and feel better in your hands then the OE zuki parts!

i just got mine installed this week also, and im have not had a chance to go ride yet. Hell my exhaust is still taken off and i need to put it back on before i ride. I am going to go to the shop and get my syspension set up for my weight on friday. i am going take some pics right this second

Gonna put summa those on mine, too!

--Wag--

OK - so I have a chrome set of these I haven't put on yet. (Paid more than double for them on ebay a few years ago. doh!)

But I haven't been sure whether or not to put them on. It raises the back end by 1" is all? And that makes a huge difference on the twisties? Do I want to put these on for the track day?

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 10 2007,07:05)
(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 10 2007,05:07) What height are you guys setting the front to when raising the rear?  Stock?
Yup....stock works great.
Stock is fine...down 5mm is even better, but you can't do that with the stock top triple clamp.

Thanks guys, I might try it. One more question I assume with a Tobin seat, and the 1" up dogbones, you'll be about the same height for your feet? I'm 5'10" and i was on my tippy toes with the stock links.

I just lowered it and its fine, but I'd like to try the 1" up mod.

I'm the same ht.....I got +1 links and stock seat. It is a huge difference in the feel but you get use to it really quick. I have no problem, but yes I'm on my toes.

I'm 5'10" and wasn't on my toes at stock height. Even now, I'm not on my toes. My legs aren't bent anymore, but the biggest difference I noticed is looking at the rear tire. I lowerd my fiance's gsxr600 1.5" and raised mine 1", and her tail/passenger seat is still taller than mine, LOL!

I also have an 04/05 gsxr600 swing arm & wheel that I may add later if this isn't enough for me.

I also slid the fork tubes all the way up against the top of the stock triple clamp, which might have been a few MM lower.

**EDIT**
Oh, and having the suspension tuned to you makes a world of difference. However, the stock fork springs aren't enough. They upped the preload all the way, so he suggested I rebuild with stiffer springs.

**EDIT 2**
One sticker says "THRASHER" and the other is a cut up SHOEI sticker that now says HOES!. I put them on there to cover some scratches (used plastics bought after my head-on collision with a car), and they add character.

91405724_L.jpg

(cougar694u @ Jan. 10 2007,09:39) **EDIT**
Oh, and having the suspension tuned to you makes a world of difference.  However, the stock fork springs aren't enough.  They upped the preload all the way, so he suggested I rebuild with stiffer springs.
Very true. Set sag according to Jinkster's suspension thread. Makes all the difference in the world, especially combined with the raising links.

I have an old Shoei sticker I could use for that! LOL

--Wag--

Alright guys.

You talked me into it!!!

I just ordered mine as well. Same seller on e-bay.

I will keep you posted when I get them etc.

It will be sweet to have her handle a bit tighter.

Corso

( I guess now I just HAVE to get a fender eliminator!!)

Back