Chain length???

Moparict

Donating Member
Registered
I am putting a four inch extended swing arm on the busa and was wondering how I find out how much longer the chain needs to be. Simple math tells me eight inches. By the way, I tried searching. Either I stink at searches, or it hasn't been asked recently.

Thanks in advance fellas!!
beerchug.gif

Will 130 be enough? Really?

Wow.

--Wag--

search is your friend...

for a 530 chain, this is the rule of thumb.
stock chain about 112 links

2 inches over add 6 links
4 inches over add 12 links
6 inches over add 20 links
8 inches over add 26 links
9 inches over add 28 links
10 inches over add 32 links
12 inches over add 38 links

a 530 chain every 2 links will add 5/8's of an inch

(heavybusa @ Jan. 09 2007,14:54) Go for a ride to afton mountain and it will magically happen  
beerchug.gif
I saw how that ride turned out, and I fear it.........actually, my wallet does!!!!!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

By "links" you mean "pins," right?

--Wag--

heavy, your sick for going afton mountain, but hey if you really want some twisties and turnies, you really need to come over to roanoke and go up windy gap and bent mountain. Windy gap has a lot of slow technical turns and a lot of 100+ straights, Bent mountain has a lot of high speed 60-80mph turns. mmmmmmmm twisties and turnies. lol----oh and you'd be suprised about the lowered bike, i mean yeah it doesnt handle quite as nicely as a standard height busa but you can still lean over quite a bit before you start to scrape
crazy.gif
stay away from the scrapies,
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

(erinehart5001 @ Jan. 10 2007,10:flamethrowing:) heavy, your sick for going afton mountain, but hey if you really want some twisties and turnies, you really need to come over to roanoke and go up windy gap and bent mountain. Windy gap has a lot of slow technical turns and a lot of 100+ straights, Bent mountain has a lot of high speed 60-80mph turns. mmmmmmmm twisties and turnies. lol----oh and you'd be suprised about the lowered bike, i mean yeah it doesnt handle quite as nicely as a standard height busa but you can still lean over quite a bit before you start to scrape
crazy.gif
stay away from the scrapies,
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
Trust me I'm not in it for the twisties, I like the scenery.
tounge.gif

I'd come up there for a ride, my girl is dropped and now stretched so I know all about the handling.

laugh.gif
at scrapies!!

laugh.gif

Back