Lowering the bike

ncdogman

Registered
HEY GUYS I NEED YOUR ALLS HELP. WELL IM GETTING READY TO LOWER MY BUSAS FRONT END SO THIS IS MY QUESTION. I WANT TO LOWER IT ONE INCH. I NOTICED THAT AT THE LOWER TREE ON THE FORKS ARE RIGHT AT 1/2 INCH ON THE SMOOTH SURFACE OF THE FORKS BEFOR I HIT THE GROOVES. SINCE I WANT TO LOWER IT ONE INCH, IS IT OK WHEN I MOUNT THE NEW TOP TRIPLE TREE FOR THE LOWER TREE TO BE RE-ATTACHED HALF ON THE GROOVES OF THE FORKS? HOPE THIS MAKES SINCE. BY THE WAY, BY LOWERING THE FRONT END ONE INCH DO I RUN THE RISK OF THE FRONT FENDER RUBBING ON THE FRONT FAIRING WHEN RIDING? THANKS

it will be ok. you might hit the fender under heavy braking, so increase the preload and compression a bit...

Wheelies........................
wow.gif
are you a breeder or bloodhound man ?

I lowered my front around 1.5 or so, and the only issue I have is coming down too quick from a wheelie. I've hit the fender to undernose pretty hard a few times, knocked out the pushpins etc. but if you dont panic out of wheelie you shouldn't have an issue. Might want to get heavier springs in the forks also, I swapped mine out from stock .85 to .95 Racetechs. Very nice mod to do.

ncdog--- my bike is lowered 3" all the way around, 2 1/2 in the pic, and you will be fine just by sliding everything down--or up however way you look at it
wink.gif
. but yeah, normal even hard braking i dont have a problem because i took out that piece of plastic under the headlight assembly, so the ONLY time i ever hit is coming down hard or a really big bump. so everything will be ok--and personally you should come down a little more than 1" lol
biggrin.gif

busa_1.JPG

(erinehart5001 @ Jan. 09 2007,21:46) ncdog--- my bike is lowered 3" all the way around, 2 1/2 in the pic, and you will be fine just by sliding everything down--or up however way you look at it  
wink.gif
  .  but yeah,  normal even hard braking i dont have a problem because i took out that piece of plastic under the headlight assembly, so the ONLY time i ever hit is coming down hard or a really big bump.   so everything will be ok--and personally you should come down a little more than 1"  lol    
biggrin.gif
So you lowered the front of your bike 2 1/2 inches correct? Do you have a pic of the the top clamp from lets say the riding position ?

ahhhh dang heavy, i turn my back for just a few min and you jump in ahhhh. lol just kiddin----no sorry for the old pics, the pics only show a 2 1/2 inch drop, its like three now---course i could be a little off on my measurments but its right around there-- its a little wobbbaallyy in high speed corners say around 85 but not too bad that you cant handle it. and on the other hand it makes it a bit more stable in high speed straights----hope this help

eric

(heavybusa @ Jan. 10 2007,18:flamethrowing:) I believe that pic was taken at 2"

DSC04347.jpg
HB

where did you get that nose piece? or is that just some typeof cover for the turn signal lenses...love the look bro

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 14 2007,18:24)
(heavybusa @ Jan. 10 2007,18
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) I believe that pic was taken at 2"

DSC04347.jpg
HB

where did you get that nose piece? or is that just some typeof cover for the turn signal lenses...love the look bro
Thanks it is a coerce carbon insert.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carbon-Air-Intake-Cover-GSX1300R-GSX1300-Hayabusa-Busa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35591QQi

hZ016QQitemZ260071102147QQrdZ1" target="_blank">Here is one on fee-bay</a>

eek2.gif
sh!t...$204.....I ordered them anyway,I have to have them...gonna have them shot black though,not a big fan of the carbon fiber look.Thanks Again

Back