aluminum sub frame

crashedbusa

Registered
besides finding one on ebay on a good day... where and how can you get an aluminum sub frame for the busa. i tried to order from a 99 and 00 but no luck they keep ordering me the steel heavy type.

thanks in advance

(cougar694u @ Jan. 02 2007,08:23) http://www.skatelink.com/haalsu.html

This what you're looking for? Googled hayabusa aluminum subframe.
Good find.. Lots of goodies..
wink.gif

Was'nt there a problem with the aluminum sub frame's cracking or something? Thought thats why they went to a heavier metal?

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 02 2007,12:05) Was'nt there a problem with the aluminum sub frame's cracking or something? Thought thats why they went to a heavier metal?
Yes

The problem was with two up riding or heavy luggage...after a while it "might" crack due
to fatigue or a poor weld. This was made worse if you went with a 4-2-1 exhust system since the
stock set up helps to support the tail section.

If you're a drag racer or don't do two up riding , this a great mod since the aluminum one is 8lbs lighter
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 02 2007,12:19)
(05BusaLe @ Jan. 02 2007,12:05) Was'nt there a problem with the aluminum sub frame's cracking or something? Thought thats why they went to a heavier metal?
Yes

The problem was with two up riding or heavy luggage...after a while it "might" crack due
to fatigue or a poor weld. This was made worse if you went with a 4-2-1 exhust system since the

If you're a drag racer or don't do two up riding , this a great mod since the aluminum one is 8lbs lighter
wink.gif
That sounds great save 8 lbs, I dont give anyone a ride on my baby. So my next question to follow.

Steel-10lbs 11oz
Aluminum-4lbs 3.6oz

$195 midwest/east coast tyd
$175 west coast tyd
usa prices,will ship abroad....

Yes

wink.gif
I'll take Daniel's word on the weight differences...sorry guys
wink.gif

wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 02 2007,13:56)
Yes

wink.gif
I'll take Daniel's word on the weight differences...sorry guys  
wink.gif
I just walked upstairs and grabbed both and weighed them and typed it both are bare...
super.gif

wink.gif

(GoldenChild @ Jan. 02 2007,13:45) Steel-10lbs 11oz
Aluminum-4lbs 3.6oz

$175 west coast tyd
Got it cleaned and painted it then installed it, most of all love it. Now if I could loose weight as easy as my bike!
Thanks for the great part, price, and fast shipping.

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 11 2007,13:40)
Aluminum-4lbs 3.6oz

$175 west coast tyd
Got it cleaned and painted it then installed it, most of all love it. Now if I could loose weight as easy as my bike!
Thanks for the great part, price, and fast shipping.
super.gif

can you still get braces for the aluminum sub frames? gonna go with 4 into 1 exhaust and maybe some touring luggage this season and i still have the aluminum sub frame on my 2000 busa.

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Jan. 16 2007,02:27) can you still get braces for the aluminum sub frames? gonna go with 4 into 1 exhaust and maybe some touring luggage this season and i still have the aluminum sub frame on my 2000 busa.
do you do alot of two-up riding?

(GoldenChild @ Jan. 16 2007,07:34)
(COLDSTONE1298 @ Jan. 16 2007,02:27) can you still get braces for the aluminum sub frames? gonna go with 4 into 1 exhaust and maybe some touring luggage this season and i still have the aluminum sub frame on my 2000 busa.
do you do alot of two-up riding?
i probably will be yes.

Are subframe braces still sold for the busa?

Aluminum-4lbs 3.6oz

$175 west coast tyd
do you still have a aluminum rear subframe i am new to the site and want one bad i love to loose weight. please let me know if you have one i will arrange payment. THANK YOU

(QUINNMOTORSPORT @ Jan. 17 2007,05:37)
Aluminum-4lbs 3.6oz

$175 west coast tyd
do you still have a aluminum rear subframe i am new to the site and want one bad i love to loose weight. please let me know if you have one i will arrange payment. THANK YOU

pm sent

Back