Anybody seen or used these before

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I'm curious as to how well they work. How well they actually light up the plate.  Reports from personal experience or pictures are  appreciated
biggrin.gif

linky

qp.jpg

I've never used those, Charles. I'm leaning toward a frame with an intergrated LED from Custom Dynamics. Can't beat the price! LINK

Happy New Year!

(BigGeorge @ Dec. 31 2006,23:05) I've never used those, Charles. I'm leaning toward a frame with an intergrated LED from Custom Dynamics. Can't beat the price! LINK

Happy New Year!
cool.gif

More to choose from
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

my plates are illegally mounted but there still lighted i just used stock light with under tail pics to come soon

I understand that they are enough to get you through state inspection just so long as there is light on the plate. my $.02

i bought a set of them myself, i am trying to figure out how to run them threw the swingarm since i have a side mount tag bracket.

(thepushercg @ Jan. 01 2007,08:50) i bought  a set of them myself, i am trying to figure out how to run them threw the swingarm since i have a side mount tag bracket.
I have the same issue. I'm thinking about covering the wire for the light with this:
aa_1_sbl.JPG

I have ordered the V1 stud lights, but never mounted them because of the wire routing issue. At this point since, I figure I will risk just getting a ticket.

No I haven't seen them before. not bad looking. I just used semi-clear lens thru my undertail. Didn't want it too 'lit.

I had something like those on my swingarm G3(?) mount. They burnt out pretty quickly. I don't know that these would do the same thing. I would guess it was do to all the vibration from the swingarm.

On a large radius like the G3 holder, those type of lights wouldn't illuminate the whole tag. Only parts of it. It would be nice to have a flexible light bar that would conform to something other than flat surfaces.

I have those lights mounted and I like them. Lockhart Phillips, i think? Mine work great and were easy to install i just soldered them when I did my undertail. No issues yet to speak of.

I tried LED's with mine, didn't light up the plate enough...had to do a little brain storming, and really pleased with my results for $8.00 from autozone. Anyhow, I really thought I could get LED's to work for me, but just couldn't.

(lastcall @ Jan. 19 2007,20:36) dtshortt,,where can I buy a undertail like that ?
http://extremegraphicfsmd.com/
that's where I got it. Its the one on the site called the stock tail light option or something like that. Its a company out of Canada. Not a bad fit for mine but only problem was the color was just a shade off from the bike's pearl white. Not really noticeable to others

Thanks heavy, I appreciate it. I haven't been back on the board here for a little while. Dang military has been keeping me a little extra busy lately!

post_49_64831_IMG_1446.jpg

Back