power commander

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, I bought my 05 with 200 some miles on her. She had Yoshi RS-3's already bolted on. She was the first saddle I'd been on in a "few" years. She never backfired. I always thought she may be running a bit rich, but she ran fast. It had been a while since I rode. Other than the idle needing adjusting once, she was good to go. She managed to power wheelie on me by surprise in second once, just had a little surging on low rpms and that rough spot for maintenance throttle on turns...
Put about 7500 miles on her so far with zero complaints other than the surge and seemingly "dead" spot at very light throttle.
Just installed a PCIIIusb mapped from FuelMoto for the RS-3's and no other mods. Took Bullet out for a spin with my daughter in her new leathers.
It was like a new bike. Idle now a little higher than 1150 (need to re-adjust) but throttle is crisp, she seemed to be pulling harder, and the surging almost gone. NICE. Wish I had solo ride time to really feel the difference, but it was chilly, I had my daughter on back, and intentions were just a warmup run to change oil and tuck her in for the winter.  
sad.gif

I will say though, for the limited around the block (100 mile) run the PowerCommander did make a noticeable difference in rideabliity.  
smile.gif

Question:
For a Busa map at what RPM do the rich/lean changes really need to start? I know it's different for every bike but just curious.

ON the map I'm currently running, the changes start at 1250 RPMs at very small throttle openings. The changes at larger throttle openings, 40% and higher, start at about 1750 RPMs. Interestingly, the changes the PC makes up to about 2750 RPMs are to lean the mixture, and from that point on up, it richens the mixture. Another thing of interest, to me anyway
smile.gif
, is that the changes become less severe as the RPMs go up, regardless of amount of throttle opening. The biggest area of enrichening is between 3750 and 6000 RPMs.

HHHhhhhhmmmmm. Sorry to hijack the thread, but what modifications require a power commander to be added?
rock.gif

I'd say that a full exhaust system change is the most common need for the PC followed by the airbox mod. I notice that Dynojet also offers a map for a stock bike, which looks like it richens the mixture primarily between 2000 and 4000 RPMs at small throttle openings, so they must feel that the Busas are generally lean in those conditions.

Back