A few mods....

TurboSN95

Registered
Spent some time on my Busa this week and I am loving how it came out.

Trinity billet adjustable kickstand
Pingel rear lowering links
Carbon Fiber tank pad
cut the rear fender and hooked up LED signals
hump mod

PC280003__Medium_.JPG

(heavybusa @ Dec. 28 2006,19:12) lookin good! are you going to lower the front?
looks real good. Does it ride mushy? A little light in the front? Do you plan on lowering the front?

You definitely want to lower the front, you are degrading handling if you don't.

I have the Pingel bushings on mine, $45 or so and easy installation. Look good too!
smile.gif

Yeah, I am not sure how I want to lower the front but I do want to do it. I was thinking triple tree but i'll have to look into these bushings you mentioned. Right now it kind of feels like you are going uphill but its pretty cool when you are on the gas, feels like your already pulling the front tire off the ground. I have to admit, the angle is a lot nicer on your wrists.

Looks good. I still have the mud flap on mine, and the +1" links just showed up for the rear. I've lowered mine, front & rear, then went back to stock, now raising the rear 1".

I used to love the lowered look, but it doesn't work on the road course.

LIke that rear mud flap disappearance......what bracket did you use to reattach the license plate??? I wanted to do the same mod to mine as well but was still to much of a chicken@#$% to try it but seing yours looks good. Guess I'll press on. It looks really clean like that. What tools did you use to cut the "shovel" with??

Also, the Yosh's look hot on your bike.

I'll get you guys a close of up the trimmed mud flap. My friend used an air tool with a cutting wheel, and then used a sanding wheel after that to finish it off. We left an area of the stock plastic near the plate, and then drilled out two holes and used the stock license plate bracket. Its strong and clean.

here's some close ups... sorry if its hard to see but you can see where we cut the plastic with the line that is the obvious line to cut, and then we left a small section in the back for the stock plate bracket.

P1030001__Medium_.JPG

That looks good. I wasnt sure if the stock bracket could be actually used or not but now the cat is out of the bag. Great job....I'll have to get to work now.
smile.gif

Back