Going to shorter swingarm - general questions/info

cougar694u

Registered
I picked up a swingarm from a 2004-2005 gsxr600/750. It's braced like the gsxr1000, and I believe it's the same as the 2003+ gsxr1000, but not 100% sure.

I know the rear caliper mount is different from the busa, so I was curious if anyone's done this swap.

I have the gsxr600 wheel, but would prefer to stay with my stock wheel. Does anyone know if the busa caliper will mount to the gsxr600/750 bracket? Or if the busa wheel will fit in the gsxr600 swingarm?

I have the swingarm with suspension linkage & dog bones, wheel, spacers, & cush drive with 42-t sprocket. I'm currently geared 16/43, so going to 16/42 isn't a concern of mine.

If I can use my factory wheel, I'll try to pick up the caliper mounting bracket, but if it won't work, I'll find the entire rear brake assembly.

Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, or pointers?

People have done this mod.

Where are they at?
lurk.gif

camaroguy has this mod and has been running it for a while ! hit him with a pm i am sure he will tell you about his bike , 1down 3 up gearing and the shortened arm he spent lots of time on one wheel !

(heavybusa @ Dec. 04 2006,16:18)
LOL, that's this topic. I had done a search, but couldn't find where anyone used the 04-05 600 swingarm. I saw where people used the old SRAD's and earlier 1000's stuff, I just wasn't sure if the geometry & specs of this swingarm are different.

I wanted to know if anyone else has used this particular arm.

I have an 03 with a 03 750 swingarm that I've been running for about 2 years. You should know the 750 arm is not plug and play, modification is required for the shock....... all and all not a big deal. I would strongly reccomend a professional do the work. I now run a 38 rear and have a 56 3/8" wheelbase which works best for me and O14's front and rear. Race Tech re-worked the suspension for me @ 195lbs.. 8 out of 10 miles are spent in the canyons around LA, with 40k on the clock I got noooooooo complaints. Well just one, anyone know of some good sticky tires that the I could wear out the center before the sides?

Back