~~ brake guru's needed ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
No, this is not China Shack! You just get stupid looks there.
laugh.gif

I'm researching Brembo brake upgrades. Looking at a master cyclinder for the brake and clutch side also.

They come in different bores and different leverage. Most suggest the 19mm by 20 mm size for the brake side. This is due to the six (6) piston caliper.

The clutch side is a different animal. Using stock clutch springs will the 19 mm by 18 mm work or is more leverage needed thus the 19 mm by 20 mm?

I'm thinking the 19 mm by 18 mm would work fine. Thanks GPW for your replys. Just trying to learn what I might be getting into other than a lot of cash.
tounge.gif

Thank you. Some of you track guys have been down this road I would think.

runeight...

image01.jpg

Yoyodyne.com sells more pure race parts than anyone, to racers. They recommend the 19X20 for the Hayabusa. Call them and ask for Mr. Renz. With Heavy duty springs or shorty levers you may be in for a wrist workout going with the 19x18 call Frank Renz...

Lever Ratio Guide
20 Ratio - least travel / hardest to pull / maximum leverage / most popular with road & trackday riders. 18 Ratio - mid travel / used by most racers / offers excellent feel and control. 16 Ratio - most travel / easiest to pull / most feel.

smile.gif

GPW,

Where did you get these brackets? Also..any issues with running your brake lines to the Brembo cylinders?

runeight...

NewDash002paint.JPG

(runeight @ Dec. 01 2006,11:11) GPW,

Where did you get these brackets? Also..any issues with running your brake lines to the Brembo cylinders?

runeight...
They come with the Rizoma reservoirs, I think that was many mods ago. Nice set up there....oh thats my old bike...
tounge.gif

(GPW @ Dec. 01 2006,12:30)
(runeight @ Dec. 01 2006,11:11) GPW,

runeight...
They come with the Rizoma reservoirs, I think that was many mods ago. Nice set up there....oh thats my old bike...
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Talking with PJ now. Those were the bottom feed I believe. I'm going with side feeds..maybe.

Still thinking this out. Not as easy as 1-2-3
laugh.gif

Also no issues on the lines but be sure you leave some room for extra tubing to make the turns. You will go through a few feet before you get it right....
all_coholic.gif

(GPW @ Dec. 01 2006,12:35) Also no issues on the lines but be sure you leave some room for extra tubing to make the turns. You will go through a few feet before you get it right....
all_coholic.gif
That's the easy part GPW! Just order 6 foot and be done with it!
laugh.gif

OK..looking at the 19 mm by 20 mm although a few have told me 18 would be fine on the clutch. I'll give YoYo a call first of the week.

Lots of after parts and dealing with vendors again. I'll have to call you back etc. Geesih!
tounge.gif

runeight...

Update:

OK, I have been told the 19mm by 18 mm will work fine for the clutch side. Stock is 14 mm.

The brake side should be a 19 mm by 20 mm due to dual calipers.

Still researching so please jump in with thoughts here.

I did find the res. cans that I want. Hopefully still available. Might get those ordered today.

Still shopping for the Micro switches and switch brackets.

HEY! It's a start.
tounge.gif

runeight...

Back