new tires??

dr.nick

Registered
Looking for a new set of tires other then OEM,considering Bridgestone Battalax BT-012ss or
BT-014,stock size's,any suggestion's??
rock.gif
has any one
used these tire's on a Busa?
rock.gif
THX for any info. ED

rock.gif

LOTS of threads about tires, definitely do not have to stick to Bridgestones. They have their fans, but the majority of Busa owners have switched to other brands.
Many have Dunlop Qualifiers, I use them personally and they are a great performance tire, very predictable and give good feedback as well.
Other top choices- Metzlers, Michelins, Avons, Pirelli, Shinko's. Click the "Search" button at the top of the page and you'll find about three weeks worth of data to study that will help in making an informed decision.
smile.gif

The search button is your friend.
smile.gif

smile.gif

i have a set of 14's (120/190) on my bike now,i really like them,nice light steering (much better then the 56 j) and nice and stable up high,there is another set in the garage,ready to go

(slime @ Dec. 11 2006,20:34) Sport tec M-1's!!I get about 5000 miles out of a rear too!
Metzler M3's are the NEW and IMPROVED M1...also try...

Pirelli Diablo
Michelin Pilot Power
Dunlop Qualifier
Bridgestone BT 015
Continental Sport Attack
Avon Azaro

Pilot Powers, My buddy has the metzler m1s and they are nice too, but Ill be sticking with the powers.. They are great tires...

(DREW @ Jan. 01 2007,10:59) Pilot Powers, My buddy has the metzler m1s and they are nice too, but Ill be sticking with the powers.. They are great tires...
Hey neighbor!

Gonna try the 2CT's as long as you're sticking to Power's?

The 014s come stock on the GSXR750. I haven't riden on them long enough to form my own opinion, but many guys in the canyons have come up to me and warned me that the 014s take a while to warm up. Never rode on the 012s.

My favorite tires are the Pilot Powers, can't wait to try the pilot power 2cts.

(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 01 2007,11:46) The 014s come stock on the GSXR750.  I haven't riden on them long enough to form my own opinion, but many guys in the canyons have come up to me and warned me that the 014s take a while to warm up.  Never rode on the 012s.

014's are GTG Charles...Gunny use to run nothing but the 014...my 04 RR came with them stock.

There are better tires out there...but I think you'll like them  
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 01 2007,11:51)
(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 01 2007,11:46) The 014s come stock on the GSXR750.  I haven't riden on them long enough to form my own opinion, but many guys in the canyons have come up to me and warned me that the 014s take a while to warm up.  Never rode on the 012s.

014's are GTG Charles...Gunny use to run nothing but the 014...my 04 RR came with them stock.

There are better tires out there...but I think you'll like them  
super.gif
cool.gif

Hmmm all good tires ... I have a set of Continental Road Attacks on right now and they are great! Have about 3000 miles on them and they are still round (live in Fl where we LOOK for turns - sigh) ... lots of tread left. And they are cheap!!! Guess it depends on what you do with them - Pirelli prices have come down, Qualifiers have gone up ... M3s are great for track / road ... M1s great for road and a little track, Powers are great all around ... Check out the Dec 2006 edition of Sport Rider as they take on Race vs. Track Day vs Sport vs Sport Touring tires - great discussion (not trying to advertise - just a good article). One thing is for sure - race/track tires take a while to warm up (speed too) and aren't meant for the street/road ... Have a good one! Deadeye
SHOCKED.gif

Back