240 rear wheel kit

I just got the '07 dealer product catalog from Carrozzeria USA and it looks like they will be offering a 240 rear wheel kit for all Hayabusas up to 2006.  The kit will include a new front (3.5x17") wheel, a new rear(8.5x17") wheel, both  in the V6 model forged aluminum wheel.  The front V6 wheel is 25% lighter than stock and the rear is 21% lighter than stock.  A new V5 wheel is in development for '07 which will be availabe for the front only and will be 30-35% lighter than stock.  It will match up with a V6 for the rear.  The V6 and V5 look identical in that they are a 'Y' spoke...the V6 has 6 'Y' spokes, the V5 has 5 'Y' spokes.

Wheel finishes will be available in either machine polish, your choice of powdercoated colors, and special order chrome.  A custom rear swingarm will come in the kit but I don't have all the information yet on what that entails.  The catalog says the swingarm is in development and will be OEM'd from a reputable suspension company, which will be revealed when the product is finalized.  Shipping dates hover around the end of December '06.  The kit says it would include everything needed other than the tire to make the 240 conversion.  

I don't know if the swingarm would be stock length or stretched at this time.  I don't know if it will come powedercoated or polished.

Carrozzeria has started installing only Koyo wheel bearings and no longer ships with the cheaper Chinese wheel bearings they were using.

There will also be upgrades available with ceramic wheel bearings and Titanium rotor bolts when purchasing this setup through me.

Who would be interested in such a kit....obviously depending on price?  The wheels MSRP at $1680 plus the rear swingarm kit which says TBD under pricing.

--Sean
Speedking MotoWerx

(spkerhed @ Oct. 26 2006,18:08) I have a buddy wanting to do something like that but I need an exact price
I realize price and more information on the rear swingarm are important pieces of information.  I'll post up here as I get the info from Carrozzeria.

I do know I'll be able to sell the wheelset below MSRP.  When I get the full details I'll post exact pricing.

--Sean
Speedking MotoWerx

(mdfdbusa @ Nov. 05 2006,10:18) I may be interested, but need price and pics pls.....
I'll post up information, pricing, and photos as I get it.

beerchug.gif

--Sean
Speedking MotoWerx

I would also be interested in this 240 kit. I've been looking for one at a decent price. would like the kit with a 10 inch stretch as that is what i have now. looking forward to some more info. on this.

^ Yea stock length + 240 rear tire = *drool* .
bowdown.gif
It would definatly give a unique look W/O the stretch. Becuase I personally dont like the stretched look...but I realise its needed with alot of power.

Back