LCD Screen

dannyhirji

Registered
Wondering if anyone has information or has done a mod where they have removed the rear view mirrors, installed a small color camera just under the brake light and installed a small 4 or 5 inch LCD or TFT Screen to view who's behind ya.

Thanks in advance
Danny

Sounds really cool, but I think vibration would be a problem as well as the wiring to feed the screens. I will though, keep an eye on this thread in case there is a nice way to do it, since I am also a PC Geek as well as a 'busaholic.

I saw a similar mod at the bike show, but the LCD did not replace the mirrors. it was mounted somewhere in the dash area.

I saw a black 01 busa, left inner fairing had a 4" tv screen, showed the tiny camera below rear hump. very cool.....
when tucked, you can just see right behind you. :D

There is a turbine engined motorcycle that is built less than an hour from my house that uses an LCD rear view mirror. It is a super cool idea and I have considered it many times.

Superbike

I have seen it done but it was like the guy didn't really want to talk about it to much. He had both his mirrors replaced with 3x3 (I think) LCD monitors, one rear facing camera that was mounted in the rear reflector. He said that it worked great and the best thing was that his arms weren't in the way. Now for the really cool part. Next to his right thumb was a little switch. When you flipped it the view went from the camera to the DVD player that he had mounted under his hump. :eek: The hump was his subwoofer and his main speakers were mounted in the panels next to the tank. The job was very clean and cool.

I've seen it done on a show bike with the LCD mounted in the tank. The tank and been cut and modified to allow the screen to fit flush into it. SWEET, but I always wonder what happens when you get caught in the rain..... :super:

Hey all, thanks for the interest, yeah what I want to do is one of two options,
1. have 4" LCD's installed in my existing rear view plastic mirror enclosures
2. have a single 4" or 5" screen mounted either on a stem stand, or instered into the side panels near the tank
the wide angle color camera with night vision (waterproof available) ($199) will be mounted just below the rear brake light.
I guess the added advantage is the no blind spots,
the disadvantage as ICEMAN (thanks) pointed out was the screen visibility disadvantage during daylight hours, at night it will be teh bomb though.....this brings me back to the 4" screen mounted in the rear view mirror enclosure with the sides covered by mirror....dont know if this will confuse things but this will also help with the the waterproof factor.
anyway...if you all have ideas I am open to suggestions.
thanks 4 ur interest.
Danny

Better, Try to rig up a little helmet mounted monocle into your helmet. Video line to the little display and bam, you got your rear view info in your lid...Any engineers care to tackle this one?

Heh, Yeah, Heads up display in your helmet...Just remember I get a portion of the money when you pattent the thing...

once you get the video mounted then you can add the DVD player and the Playstation 2 !!

yea that's it :D

I am attempting to accomplish this very mod as we speak.
I am mounting a high res color rear facing camera and a motorized 7" LCD screen on the top of my tank in front of my filler cap, thus rendering the useless rear view mirrors just that.... useless. All they do now is give me a really clear view of my shoulders. ha ha

i am buying a whole separate tank to encase and to all my prep work to. This is not just going to be suctioned on, i am building a sub-frame and fiberglassing it as close to the bikes lines as i possibly can. the whole screen assembly is no bigger than a car stereo deck, it slides out and tilts up automatically.

you can see a few pictures of the idea i have on this link....

http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183585#post183585

Img_1330_Custom.jpg

I had a rear view camera on my 06 Katana, it was a very cheap one actually meant as a backup camera. It did flicker when the bike idled but showed a pretty good pic. when the bike was in motion. I didn't remove my mirrors but the rearview cam helped a great deal.

Wally world has a rear view that mounts the "wireless" camera to the license plate and a 4" monitor up front.. not sure how it would work in sunlight

well this is by far the biggest mod l've attempted on her yet, that's why l'm going with a completely separate tank to mount it all on. If i change my mind, or it doesn't look right, a couple of turns of the wrench, and l'm back to where i started.

Back