Marchesini alum rim's

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hey every one, I was looking at the Marchesini rim's and I think I found a deal. I was told by GPW these rim's are the must have .

So I did some looking around, and came across this site with this price.
$1831

Is this a good price for these rims? Need some feedback. Thanks.

I said lightweight wheels in General and Marchesini's are a nice set of wheels. I would buy them again. I am not sure on that being the best price around. I am sure one of the site vendors could do a better deal on a group buy. Keep in mind you will need sprockets made for the Marchesini wheels. If your working on faster acceleration and handling, wheels, rotors and sprockets is a safe place to start. Just reminded me how much I lost selling my wheels..
wow.gif
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156011163 -->

wow.gif

ahh thanks GPW. Didn't mean to Miss quote you.

StreetnTrack, where are those shipped from? And from who? Are they black? If so, and also do you have rotor's, sprockets, anything else that GPW(god) mentioned? Thanks

ahh thanks GPW. Didn't mean to Miss quote you.

StreetnTrack, where are those shipped from? And from who? Are they black? If so, and also do you have rotor's, sprockets, anything else that GPW(god) mentioned? Thanks
Ok, no more GPW god stuff please. Just a regular guy like you, who likes sport-bikes to the extreme. :Note to self, don't give advice to strangers may lead to stalker like behavior.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156020487 -->

Here is a weight chart for those that want to know the weight answer.
Front Rear
BST 5.5 10.38
Marchesini forged magnesium 6.54 11.12
Marvic Penta cast magnesium 7.46 12.16
Marchesini forged aluminum 8.82 13.80
PVM forged aluminum Y5 7.96 13.44
Perf Machine forged aluminum 9.14 13.16
Dymag Custom Carbon 7.3 12.38
Stock Wheels: 10.28 16.80

even tho these are really good deals......i must save for turbo >.< I've made up my mind. Going turbo, then i'll work on visual's.

Best Bang for the buck is wheels..Period! Either Charles or Daniel can get some great deals, but most importantly is the customer service you get from either guy. Sure, you can save a few dollars and get from another off site vendor, but I rather spend a few dollars more and have service 24/7. Both Charles and Daniel are on this forum everyday..and at odd hours I might add. Need a new cush drive....and its friday night....IndySuperbikes will maybe get it shipped out Monday afternoon, or Tuesday morning...that is if you can get ahold of them Friday evening(yah right)...most likely Monday morning. Charles and Daniel could answer your request Friday evening, if they stock the part, could overnight it to you...and you have your part Monday morning....sorta cool to have vendors here that assist us members all hours of the day, everyday.

Anyhow...enough rambling about Daniel, and Charles. Wheels add so much performance to your bike, its amazing. I can only say wheels are thought of as a cosmectic mod if you have never tried after-market light weight wheels. If you have tried them, than looks comes in distant second to performance. Turbo is awesome...no doubt, but a set of wheels does so much for your bike in so many areas, that if there was a list of 10 Golden Busa rules, new wheels would come before Turbo in my opinion.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Valium
Reason for Edit: "my spelling frickin stinks"|1156081019 -->

+1

Brake upgrade first..wheels second. From there it is the owners choice.

hogger...

+1

Brake upgrade first..wheels second. From there it is the owners choice.

hogger...
Never really gave new wheels much thought, gyro effect aside, the $ seemed better spent somewhere else.... But since Hogger had to put it out like, well new wheels are going on my list of mods to get! Shoots, I thought I would have to stick to my old pace myself out list, but not anymore
smile.gif
Seriously though, the brakes need to be swapped out, and I will be doing my research for the wheels.

When you decide which way you want to go stick with it. What I mean is if you like this set but aother is a little cheaper don't settle for second best.

If you have to save a little more and wait a couple of months by all means do so.

Down the road you will be much happier. Here is a good article for reading.

www.sportrider.com/features/146_0402_motorcycle_wheel_comparison/index.html

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156085882 -->

Between Hogger, GPW, and Valium you are in good hands.

Off to help other threads!!
laugh.gif

If you lighten the wheels you won't need better brakes...but upgrading them is a good thing....great mod. Ride a Busa with them and that should be all you need to know.

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156094586 -->

its so frustrating. I'm looking at doing a ton of things to my bike, and the fund's arent there. I am having to save, and save, and save. I want to turbo, and want to do the wheels also. I just cant figure out a sequence of importants of mods over the others. I understand lowering the weight on the wheels will give you more acceleration because of the weight reduction. And the rotor's being lighter, is more weight reduction. But I dont want to blow $700.00+ just on rotor's and brake pads. That $700.00 could be saved up for the rim's, or TURBO!

TOTALLY AGREE ON WHEELS
UNSPRUNG WEIGHT
INERTIA

I wish I did this mod 1st
Got my Marchesini Forged Magnesiums in Friday
Saving about 17# vs. stock

No question
go with lightweight wheels!!

Also Marchesinis are used in racing WSB, Motogp
well more than any other brand

Back