Uh oh.. i messed up!!!

mike774u

Donating Member
Registered
As the title says I screwed up. So, there I was installing my nice new Scorpio alarm. Finished up all proud of myself, wanting to see my bike back together... Forgot to hook the key cable to the latch and popped on the hump...then I went to take it off and guess what... keys not connected! So, here I am looking for help! Does anyone know how to get in there without tearing things up? THANKS for any help.

Mike

Sit on the ground on the right side of the bike. Take all of your plastic rivets out of the tail cowling - along with the most forward fastener. Then back near the passenger peg, pull the tail cowling away from the undertail as mush as you can and try to slip your hand back up in there. You'll need to push the locking mechanism to the left. It would help if you had someone holding the cowling, someone putting htier hand up there and a third person to lfit slightly on the hum so that when you do reach the lock, the hump doesn't stay locked down...

Happens all the time... several threads about this.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, put tape across the latch mechanism before you remove the cable and leave it there until after the cable is reconnected.

or....just remove the two philliphead screws that secure the locking mechanism. [/QUOTE]
Yup,dont know why you would do it any other way...

Back