Looking for some new mirrors

Bansh

Registered
I saw these on Ebay for $99.00 buks?
you ship them your original mirrors and they chrome them.

Has any one done this? Does the chrome last or will it flake off in 6 months?

How do they chrome plastic?

TIA

Chrome_busa_mirror.jpg

Good question on the flaking.....they look nice though.

I've got a mirror question of sorts - A 'Busa owner got with us about replacing his mirrors and we have the fairing mounts for the Rizoma ones listed for Every GSXR EXCEPT the 'Busa.
 Anyone know if the mirrors from a particular other GSXR are a direct swap? That would ket me know if we can fit them to the Busa...

<!--EDIT|PJFZ1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141219798 -->

I think the mirrors interchange.

There are certain years that people look for, they don't have the rubber around them like the Busa and give a cleaner look. Not sure what year, though.....:(

I got mine painted. Really hated the stock mirrors, but matching paint, they really stick out.

Img_0255.jpg
tounge.gif

How about carbon fiber? I think they might look nice.
Real CF from Magical Racing starts at about $200.00 and depending on what style and features (like integrated turn signal) go up to about $450.00

Fake CF can be had on ebay for about $50.00...but look sorta cheap compared to the real thing.

So the newb used the search feature and didn't find quite what I was looking for but I thought this was a good enough thread to use. I need new mirrors for my hayabusa, one of mine flew off the other day on a ride. They were the aftermarket diamond look that extend out. I was messing with them before we went on the ride and I guess I didn't tighten them up enough well needless to say one of them are gone. I didn't like them anyways but they came on the bike when I got it, and they were chrome so they stayed. (more money for other stuff I "needed to do" Sorry back to the point has anyone used these mirrors from ebay? I would get them with the billet covers they also sell. Feedback looks ok just wondering if anyone has had experience with them. The price almost seems to good to be true know what I mean? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...8063431QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:
So the newb used the search feature and didn't find quite what I was looking for but I thought this was a good enough thread to use. I need new mirrors for my hayabusa, one of mine flew off the other day on a ride. They were the aftermarket diamond look that extend out. I was messing with them before we went on the ride and I guess I didn't tighten them up enough well needless to say one of them are gone. I didn't like them anyways but they came on the bike when I got it, and they were chrome so they stayed. (more money for other stuff I "needed to do" Sorry back to the point has anyone used these mirrors from ebay? I would get them with the billet covers they also sell. Feedback looks ok just wondering if anyone has had experience with them. The price almost seems to good to be true know what I mean? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
eBay Motors: 1999-2008 Suzuki Hayabusa Busa CHROME RACING MIRRORS (item 330318063431 end time Mar-31-09 08:43:07 PDT)

Those mirror's look really really small and the are only using one of the holes, might look weird IMO.

Those mirror's look really really small and the are only using one of the holes, might look weird IMO.

I know they only use one hole but they have billet plates that cover the other hole. they look good that way if you scroll down it shows a picture of thme with the plates.

eBay Motors: 1999-2008 Suzuki Hayabusa Busa CHROME RACING MIRRORS (item 330318063431 end time Mar-30-09 11:06:40 PDT)

This is a THREE YEAR old thread...why not just start a new one ???

Every other board I have ever been on this is what they wanted you to do. This keeps the search filter from being cluttered by threads over and over about the same thing.

This is a THREE YEAR old thread...why not just start a new one ???

So when the next guy uses the search feature he doesn't have to sift through all the previous threads +1. :laugh:

Now those mirrors look very cheap IMO. Maybe search a little more. The one bolt plus the plate will look out of place with it not being centered on the plate.

See these? A little bit more,but not gonna empty the bank.
eBay Motors: Suzuki GSXR 600 750 1000 Hayabusa CHROME MIRRORS (item 370181045004 end time Apr-01-09 19:48:38 PDT)

So when the next guy uses the search feature he doesn't have to sift through all the previous threads +1. :laugh:

He would be better off to start a new thread...some people actually look at the date that the thread was started. Many people won't open it, or if they do open it...soon realize that it's not current...then they leave the thread and it goes back to the grave where it belongs.

Search function is so you can go read up on a topic that you are interested in. When they get a :bump: and newbie's ask questions of members who haven't logged on for years... :rofl:

Back