Cell Phone and Helmet Voice activate mic & speaker

surfboys

Registered
I want to use my cell phone while riding my Busa. Where can I buy a system or helmet microphone and voice activated microphone to use in an full face helmet. Something small and confortable. My friend and I tried to squeezze our helmets on with store bough mics and earbuds they did not work well, sort of faded out when we entered the freeway. But, worked sort of good while sitting at lights and doing less than 35 mph on the streets. We both have sprint PCS phone and the connection is free anytime when we talk to one another. We just need to get a good helmet mic and ear phones installed in our helmets. Any help will do. Even if I can modify my helmet with....the stuff you can buy at best buy, or any place. Please let me know.

confused.gif
afro.gif

I would like to have my phone and radio and mp3 type system work all together in a junction box type setting. Where I plug into a system on the bike and the helmet has a microphone and head speakers. I have no clue as to where to start. I did however go to Chaparal in San Bernardino to look at that Nandy and the chatter box. They seemed cheap and would not support my sprint pcs phone. Any other suggestion or is there anyone out there that has modified something that works?

Thanks a million.

I've got a chatterbox with a mp3 / radio and my sprint phone hooked up . I use it everyday and its okay . musics not to bassy but sounds okay . people I talk to on the phone say i sound like i'm in a box . well i am in a helmet . For 350 $ complete i'm happy . J&M is good ask any gold wing rider but it will cost about a grand.

whew, maybe I'm alone here, but when I ride I want as little distraction as possible. The cell phone goes in the trunk, and the engine is sweet music to my ears!

talking on phone while listening to music and driving car = very dangerous

talking on phone while listening to music while riding the fastest and most powerful motorcycle on the planet = hmmm

If you desperately need to talk on the phone while on the road, or the phone calls cant wait, maybe you should leave the bike at d00d. For me, riding the motorcycle is as blissful as taking a sh*t, I dont want to be bothered, it's "mike time" LOL

Mike

Sorry guys been away..........
Frisbee is correct, Chatterbox should work with your phone! I didn't list J&M because of the cost! There are hundreds of ways to pipe the sound in/out. All comes down to Money!

Hey Mike your right about distractions . I ride to work everyday and its cool , but when i ride for " fun " I want to concentrate . I can also say i've been doing this along time so I know my limits . There's a time for music and there's a time for quiet .

surboy,

My bro and I bought the Autocom PRO M1 system, by far the best we’ve tried. Voice activated with noise canceling. You can hook up your cell, Mp3. Works freaking ah great.
Can talk and listen at speeds exceeding 100mph. If you get a cell call the bike to bike communication cuts out and your radio is muted 50%. It’s a little pricey at approx. $550 but well worth the investment.

Anyone familiar with Collett? A couple spent 10 minutes telling Havoc and I how good it is. Said they sold their Chatter Box and bought it.

I want to use my cell phone while riding my Busa.  Where can I buy a system or helmet microphone and voice activated microphone to use in an full face helmet.  Something small and confortable.  My friend and I tried to squeezze our helmets on with store bough mics and earbuds they did not work well, sort of faded out when we entered the freeway.  But, worked sort of good while sitting at lights and doing less than 35 mph on the streets.  We both have sprint PCS phone and the connection is free anytime when we talk to one another.  We just need to get a good helmet mic and ear phones installed in our helmets.  Any help will do. Even if I can modify my helmet with....the stuff you can buy at best buy, or any place.  Please let me know.  

confused.gif

afro.gif
You can use that system when you ride to Laguna Seca races in July. We will all be there. Well at least 30 of us anyway.

Back