Throttlemiester

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Throttle Miester cruise control. This thing is totally cool and very high quality great for those long trips when you wanna rest the right hand. I purchased over a year ago and finally got around to installing.

Now removing the old bar ends is a B-I-T-C-H! I got the throttle side off with an impact wrench after several pain stakeing trys, but wasnt successful with the matching left side dumby end. I have screwed up the screw and must now drill it out, but at least the working side is in.

I highly recommend this mod. Good stuff baby.

4_28_03_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bird, the sleeve is in there, nice fit and install was easier than I thought, once I got pass the removal. I used a dremel to grind off lip. 2 shakes, done.
smile.gif

Ordering today. If Havoc is going to drag me all over the countryside, I need this. Hahaha!

Put one on my Busa today and took it out for a 100 mile ride tonight works pretty well but takes more twist than I thought to engage or maybe I should take out a shim, I have three thin ones now.

I installed one earlier this year. Works pretty good. Had to cut away the white plastic lip on the throttle sleeve. Removing the stock bar ends is the hardest part of the installation.

I've also got a Kuryakin Throttle Boss to rest my wrist on. Between the two of the add-ons; long rides are a breeze on the ol' right hand.

I got a hold of a set of TM. I was wondering if anyone had a shot of exactly what comes with it? I'm pretty sure I am missing parts from what I recieved.

When I put my helibars on, I found the same problem with the stock bar ends. The screws did not want to turn even with the right sized screwdriver. I ended up just twisting the bar-end itself and it came right off. I was able to just use my hands, but, a strap wrench would work too.

It's a nice mod and works well. Yeah the bar ends are a ##### but use a #3 phillips head and twist the bar ends also while your turning the screw and they will come out. I did not use the sleeve as I didn't like the large lump under the grip. It works fine for me without it, no problems.
smile.gif

Put one on my Busa today and took it out for a 100 mile ride tonight works pretty well but takes more twist than I thought to engage or maybe I should take out a shim, I have three thin ones now.
I just used the s20 and the s10 shim and it works like a charm. The washer they provided didn't let it engage.

Geez... I bought my bike a year ago and never noticed that it had these on. I just thought it hat different bar ends on it...
iamwithstupid.gif
They work nice when you know what they are for!! LOL

I got some for Christmas, but have yet to install 'em...can't wait though! I look forward to resting my wrist some on the long rides...
cool.gif

Back