Bought some Frame Sliders Now how do I install?

BurbankBusaBoy

Registered
I have no clue and they didnt come with in instructions. They are really nice looking, polished, billet, aluminum......Anyone got any pointers? I noticed ones longer then the other......Thanks guys...BBB

Search, brotha! Lots of tips on the forum. Hardest part is overcoming the fear of cutting the plastics.

best way i have seen on here is to get a toy laser tool. the ones you can buy for whatever i guess 5 bucks i have even seen them at the circle k's . put bike on stands so that it is straight and cannot move. take body plastics off... find where the sliders are supposed to bolt on it should be toward the middle of the body next to the big side vents on motor mount i think.. next find a way to keep laser on probably a closeline clip or something or tape. next get to things that are big and heavy and cant be moved easily like two ladders or heavy chairs. line up laser dead center on bolt that sliders go on.. ( check and recheck several times that laser cannot be moved tape to ladder or chair securely... put plastics back on and drill where laser is pointed to. that should be your center.. then just put bolt on slider put bolt through hole and mark around slider. next use dremel and carefully make a perfect hole inside the part you marked go bigger and bigger carefully till slider fits perfectly... thats it slider hole done put slider on.. put body on again and your done... oh and i guess the safest way is to get two lasers pointers and do either both sides at once or get two lasers and do one side at a time and use two lasers on one side so you can be double sure that your marks have not moved...put one laser on one solid rest and the other laser on another solid rest so you can be double sure.... thats i read this once i think on this site havent done it because i think sliders are stupid they wont save your bike unless it just falls over either way if you slide your still going to do damage to your bike and i think they take away from the busas clean look. but its your bike have nice day and work safe and ride safe...

Do Not let the stealership do it!!!
You have a 50/50 chance of them Fuggin it up!!!
Do a search on this....you'll find it!

The laser thing is good,or if you can get a point ground or turned on a bolt that fits into the mount,then you push hard against it with the plastics in place to make a little dimple on the inside of the fairings.Then you drill your hole there.

The laser thing is good,or if you can get a point ground or turned on a bolt that fits into the mount,then you push hard against it with the plastics in place to make a little dimple on the inside of the fairings.Then you drill your hole there.
You guys must have some messed up dealers back east. Or I got the GOOD 50%
laugh.gif

You guys must have some messed up dealers back east. Or I got the GOOD 50%  
laugh.gif
no gunny,

stealership is doing good jobs for you and only for you.

Us civilians get the shaft

Okay i got enough info to do this thanks guys......one more ?.........drill from the inside out or from outside in?
rock.gif
And is masking tape the best stuff to use to protect the paint around which you are mutilating?

slow learner,
try the links below:
SHARPENED allen

LASER:

Good luck

<!--EDIT|kromdom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140723512 -->

Hole saw much easier than the entire hole with a dremel

Back