16/42 gearing

chrisr

Donating Member
Registered
i was wondering what rpm change that i can expect when going to a 16/42 setup?? will it be too buzzy for highway trips???]

Actually less buzzy than stock gearing as your new crusing speeds of 75-80 will be past the 4500-5000 rpm buzz range.

im wanting the 16/42 set up real soon...i want as many people as possible to respond on whether or not they like it and y.... pros/cons plz explain how it helps and hurts the BUS.
thanks in advance!
Archetype~

Oh well let me keep going then
smile.gif
I really like it ... there's more low-end grunt and if you twist the throttle hard the front end will come up. It changes the speedometer even more, so I got a speedo=healer to get a more accurate reading. The only negative is my gas mileage dropped an average of 5 mpg, but I'm not complaining.

what about just going up 2 in the back
rock.gif
I've heard that going down one will cause chain issues, so curious if I could just change out the rear
smile.gif

MrBrown, for Hwy & twisty riding, no track time - what is a better setup for me 17/42 or 17/43
rock.gif

MrBrown, for Hwy & twisty riding, no track time - what is a better setup for me    17/42 or 17/43
rock.gif
Depends on what type of hwy riding you enjoy. If you like to max it out, (above 190 mph) then stick with stock. If you like going fast, but balls out top speed is not required, then go 17/42. If this doesn't provide enough giddy-up for ya, drop one off the front and I guarantee that'll do the trick. The only reason I went 16/43 is cuz I want to be able to get my big ass up out the hole at the strip. It's not a good hwy combination.

so what would it cost to get the two sprockets and a new chain
rock.gif

not lookin for bling as much as solid, though if its possible to get the bling with the solid performance at a negligible increase, I'd probably do it
cool.gif

Back