Pesky rear reflectors

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
OK, I need soom advise from the massive intellect on this board  
umnik.gif

While trying to undo the screws holding the rear reflectors on, one would turn (not come out but turn) and the other (rear) would not budge. To continue would cause the phillips screw head to be stripped. SO, my question is:

1) Is there a way to go into the area through the hump (without taking off the entire rear) to get to the bolt that these screws are attached too so I can losen them
rock.gif
 ?

2) Since I don't have my service manual, what is the torque value for the bolts holding on the front reflectors ?

HELP  
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1 - either take the rear off or unscrew them with leverage on the reflector and the nut will rattle out eventally.

2 - there is a service manual stickied here in pdf format, download it and use the pages as needed.

Thanks , I'll try that  
idea.gif

Why can't these things be easy, geezzzzzz they're just screws  
wink.gif

I pulled down on the reflector and turn the screw ...all of them but one gave me trouble...as long as you get some tension on that nut on the inside of the tail you should be ok...if you strip them out...well...think of your first tail removal as practice for when you buy an undertail...
wink.gif

Back