Stupid Stupid Stupid

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday I posted about painting the cans. At that point, I had only done the right side.

I did the left can today. Like usual, I made a template of the left side from the right sde so they would be identical. Of course, I made it a mirror iage as any good graphic should be. I didn't think about it being a word, so the kanji is backwards. I had a few choices.

1) Get out the paint thinner and start over and make the kanji correct.
2) Paint over both kanjis and ake the cans solid black.
3) Ignor the error and drive around with the left can saying asubayah.

For now, #3 it is. Living with the stupid mistake. Maybe I'll fix it if I have some time in the future. Doh.

On the plus side, I got to take the Busa out for a short test drive after reinstalling the exhaust. Man did it feel good. And it sounds awesome with the cans drilled.

3 is a good choice
tounge.gif

Sounds like something I'd do too! Just think, you really have a one of a kind though!

Funny.

I have a helmet with a backwards Kanjii on it too. If you've got an '03 Burnt Orange, I'll make you a good deal! haha

OK. I couldn't take it anymore. I stripped the backward Kanji off the left can and I'm repainting it.

100_0747.JPG

I would repaint if it was me, by doing step 1 and 2 over again, but I wouldn't have painted them to begin with, those stock cans are way to heavy anyways, I say step 4 is the way to go, replace them.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137458311 -->

Back