Exhaust Mods

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
OK, long weekend, instrument cluster at Bluegauges, time to attack the exhaust.  Don't have the cash for a good aftermarket, so mod the existing is the next best thing
smile.gif

I only did the right side to start.  Figured if I really didn't like how it came out, having to undo one side would be cheaper than both.  I think it looks much better than stock.  The wife is photo challenged, so the pic is a little blurry.  You chan hear what the exhaust sounds like with the 1 can modified (9 3/8" holes).

Click here for to hear the mod (2MB Quick Time video)

<!--EDIT|DennisH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136607426 -->

100_0669.jpg

+1...but need an mpeg not a mov.

<!--EDIT|newmill
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135544105 -->

Man that looks good, how did you do that!?
I took the midpipes and cans off the bike.  I followed the instructions in this post to take the caps off the cans.  I drilled 9, 3/8" holes instead of the 6, 1/2" holes in the post and did not cut the inner pipe.  

After cleaning it all up and degreasing everything, I masked off the kanji and painted the cans black using high temp engine enamel.  Let that set up, peeled off the masking, then burried the can in high temp clear.

I tinted the chrome parts smoke anodized.  I'm experimenting with a new product, so until I get a little time to see how it actually holds up to heat and wear I'm not going to endorse it here.  If you can't wait and don't mind experimenting, PM me and I'll let you know what I used.

Then, just put everything back together.

I like the cans!! Wish i would have thought of that back when i bought the bike! If i end up getting stuck with my stock cans for a while i think i'll paint them up!

Back