Speedohealer...did the search thing...

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, got the healer installed. Have the top speed button ziptied to the clutch line...

Unfortunately, my harness isn't long enough to get into the trunk..so I am gonna put it under the seat. Who cares....only need to re-cal if I do gear changes right? (not gonna worry about tire wear)

But here's the question; (and YES, I used the search function already)

6.8%?......7%...even saw someone say 8%. What is it?
Stock gears, new tire....

Help a brother out!

I am looking at one of these, and if I remember right, there is some sort of on-line calculator. If you have a GPS you could use that or one of those "Your going this fast" radar contraptions....
I'll try to find that calculator...

Found it. Try this calculator from the Speedohealer website...

Hope this helps.

Thanks MC.....but the first thing you must input is the factory speedo error....

What IS the factory speeo error? Is it 6.8? Is it 7.0

What the hell is it?

I set mine at 6.8%. I am quite sure this is close...but I'd like to have it as close as possible..ya know?

Each Busa can be slightly different, there is not one correct answer for the question,
set it where you think then test it with a GPS
you should be able to find a happy medium
it will never be perfect at all speeds as the Busa speedo error is not linear but it will be fairly close.

Thanks MC.....but the first thing you must input is the factory speedo error....

What IS the factory speeo error?  Is it 6.8?  Is it 7.0

What the hell is it?

I set mine at 6.8%.  I am quite sure this is close...but I'd like to have it as close as possible..ya know?
In that online calc - instead of using the factory error you can use actual speeds. So, if you have a radar gun or gps you can compare your indicated speed against the calibrator and when you plug those two numbers in it will give you a percentage of error.

Go out & drive down the highway at exactly 100 mph indicated. When you get pulled over, ask him how fast you were actually going... problem solved!!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

When you click on the on-line calculator, a dialog box should come up with three options:
Estimated - where you input chnages based on mods
Precise - where you are making a comparision of indicated and true speeds
None - where you already know your correction factor

- Choose Precise then enter your values in the data fields on the left. Once you have entered those, hit calculate and it will generate the calibration factor and instructions. As a demonstartion, I used 100 MPH as indicated and 88 MPH as true, it gave me a total error of +13.6% and a SH calibration value of -12.0 it also generated the following instructions:

SH Calibration Value to be stored: -12.0%
SH Conversion mode Value to be stored: 0

- the ignition must be OFF
- set ALL SH switches ON
- turn ON the ignition
- press the button => memory cleared

- set ALL switches OFF EXCEPT #4
- press the button 1 time(s)

- set #5 switch ON
- set #4 switch OFF
- press the button 2 time(s)

- set #5 switch OFF => all data stored in Flash.

Notes:
1. Please make sure to follow ALL STEPS EXACTLY, otherwise the unit won't be programmed properly.

2. It is recommended to check the new value of the selected parameter on the LED before selecting and setting another parameter.

3. Should you need to abort the steps and return to the previously stored settings, turn off the ignition and then set all switches off.

4. Whenever the ignition is switched on with all sh switches down, the led should blink 2 times, meaning that there is a valid calibration value stored in memory. If you see rapid flashes for 3 secs at ignition on, the calibration memory is empty and the unit will start in Transparent mode.

5. If you wish to modify a previous set-up and change only one parameter (e.g. -8.4% => -8.5%), you don't need to issue a reset. To speed up the process, just change that one parameter only.

6. For more information, refer to the User's Manual, section 1.

You will have to do some tweaking with it to make sure its accurate because each bike is different. The factory error can be anywhere between 7 and 10%. I started at 8 and found it to be quite close. Wasn't GPS equipped at the time, but it worked well for me.

I mounted mine in the trunk on the right hand side in front part of undertail. I routed the wires before hooking up. took a little time but it works.

Back