TIRE 180

Dudi SP

Registered
Hi folks!
With a 180 tire, and not the original 190, will my busa do better coners?
Thanks already...

Many people agree that a 180 rear is the way to go for "best" handling because of a rounder profile. Plus it weighs less, so less unsprung weight should help a bit as well.

Personally, I think the Hayabusa looks better with the bigger meat, though.
cool.gif

go with the 190---a 180 profile becomes flatter on a busa rim which makes it harder to flick if you know what i mean

he is probably saying since it is a smaller tire it will stretch on a 6 inch wheel which make the contact patch wider, but we will see.

Yeah a wide contact patch sux a$$!  I bought my bike from a squid who never leaned the bike and i swear there was close to 2 inches on each side of the original battle-ax, of UN-TOUCHED MEAT giving the tire a very large contact patch.  This made the bike kind of teeder todder into courners i dunnno how u put it into words, u would start into the courner and the bike would kinda of drop into the turn really hard since it was going from a large contact patch to a small edge.  The new Metzler M-1 Fixed that right up but in my opinion, the rounder the tire stays for longer, the better. It sux since the tire still had some decent meat on it, but it was wore in such a f-ed up way, i had to sh1tcan it and im glad i did cause the thing rides like a dream now......

Below: My Life, My Love, My Garage =).........

<!--EDIT|BurbankBusaBoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134267786 -->

bikes1.jpg

i never ran a 180 on mine but i tell ya those dAYUM powers turn on their own compared to the battles. my next set on the 07 will be the m specs

I have had a Sportec M1 180 rear for approx 7500 miles mostly twisties and mountain riding I LOVE IT, but the body (mine) cant take it, So Im trying a 200mm this spring
tounge.gif

Back