TL1000 pegs mod

DREW

Donating Member
Registered
I just installed my new Tl1000 pegs yesterday. Seems to have more leg room. I could only try it for a few minutes because of the cold weather. Pics and full report to follow..

I did it on mine last year, it lowered the pegs by the same amount as removing the rubber from the stock pegs (3/4 in. approx.) and these are a BUNCH lighter than stockers.

They look and feel better.

I want to see now!
biggrin.gif

I use the same TL1000R pegs. Not only do they give you more leg room and save weight, but they match the stock rear pegs. (Looks count, ya know
wink.gif
)

The TL1000r pegs match the rear and are MUCH lighter. they give more leg room. Looks better by far.........

I did it on mine last year,  it lowered the pegs by the same amount as removing the rubber from the stock pegs (3/4 in. approx.) and these are a BUNCH lighter than stockers.

Does 3/4" lower really make it more comfortable or is there another rear set package that lowers it 1" to 1 1/2"  
wink.gif
 ?

Any pics? Did you lower the brake and shift levers too? How tall are ya?
Inquiring minds need to know.
wink.gif

Any pics? Did you lower the brake and shift levers too? How tall are ya?
Inquiring minds need to know.
wink.gif
Yes, the foot controls need an adjustment after installing the TLR pegs. The shifter needed to move one "notch" on the pivot shaft and the brake lever needed a few rotations on the adjuster to lower it to the proper height.

And remember to red locktite the shifter mounting bolt - mine ('05) was loose.
wow.gif

I did it on mine last year,  it lowered the pegs by the same amount as removing the rubber from the stock pegs (3/4 in. approx.) and these are a BUNCH lighter than stockers.

Does 3/4" lower really make it more comfortable or is there another rear set package that lowers it 1" to 1 1/2"  
wink.gif
 ?
Buell Pegs with TL1000 Bushings will give you the 1 1/2  you're looking for. It's a decent photo so you can save it to your viewer and zoom in to see the height difference in the pegs. The stock Busa pegs go straight out from the mount and the rubber pad raises it another 1/2" at least. I find these much better. For those that like sparking around corners you'll love the longer curb feelers!

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134439753 -->

PA300014a.JPG

Buell Pegs with TL1000 Bushings will give you the 1 1/2  you're looking for. It's a decent photo so you can save it to your viewer and zoom in to see the height difference in the pegs. The stock Busa pegs go straight out from the mount and the rubber pad raises it another 1/2" at least. I find these much better. For those that like sparking around corners you'll love the longer curb feelers!
What model Buell are the pegs from?  I have heard before that they are from an xb12?  I'm planning on taking a trip to the local Buell dealer this week, and would like to know a little more about it. What's the Buell pegs cost?

Back