Magellan Meridian GPS and Techmount Stem Mount

RedfireVenom

Registered
For anyone looking for a GPS or mount for their Busa I just did mine.  Hope this helps.  

I had the Magellan Meridian Gold GPS unit that I used to use on my old Suzuki SV.  I ordered Techmount's Stem Mount for my Busa, part #10991 for the 13mm steering stem hole.  The mount fits really well and I had a bicycle mount that I previously used on my Suzuki SV650.  I took the mounting bracket off of the Magellan Bicycle Mount so that I could reuse the cradle on the Techmount bracket.  I used the four holes on the old bracket to mark where I would drill the new holes on the Techmount Bracket.  I drilled the holes and reused the four screws from the old bicycle bracket to attach the GPS cradle to the Techmount bracket.  The cradle has a quick release button on top so that when you park your bike you can just toss it in the "trunk".  There is plenty of clearance between the GPS unit and the tank and your view of the gauges is not obstructed.  It doesn't get in the way of the ignition either.

I have been using this GPS unit for a while and I love it.  It is waterproof, floats, battery last 13 hours, gets good reception, and is not that expensive.  The downside is, the battery doesn't last nearly as long when you have the backlight on and it doesn't reroute automatically when you miss a turn.  It just takes two key strokes to reroute though and I always carry two extra AA batteries just in case.

I got the Techmount Stem Mount from JCWhitney.com for about $60 and the cradle from Ebay.com for around $25 (you can order directly from Magellan though).

Techmount link - http://www.techmounts.com/product....ct_id=2

Magellan Bracket link- http://www.magellangps.com/en/products/product.asp?PRODID=129

Pictures:

Techmount
10991bl.jpg

Installed on Bike
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

<!--EDIT|RedfireVenom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133408062 -->

Went for a drive tonight, it works really well. I have to look down a little to view it but otherwise it's in a good location.

The GPS units will cost around 250, but you have to buy a cd with the detailed maps on it and a memory card so it will cost around $400 when all is said and done. I have two cars and two bikes, so it's nice for me to be able to take it from car to bike. I have a window suction cup mount in my Cobra. My Touareg has it's own nav now so I don't have to worry about it.

Back